Loosing lots of hair

Lisa H.
on 7/23/12 9:51 am - Canada
VSG on 03/28/12
I was told this would happen if I didnt get enough protien in but I wasnt ready for this much hair loss!  I get all my protien and water in almost everyday or close to it but it seems everyday i loose more and more hair.  Anyone else going through this?
Lisa          
Moselle
on 7/23/12 10:02 am - Athens, Canada
 I my opinion you are going to experience hair loss no matter how vigilant you are with the protein....but that being said it does lessen as you progress through your journey.  I take Biotin daily, not sure if it works or not but at least I feel like I'm doing something! 

I'm 18 months post op and my hair loss is hopefully over and I'm getting some regrowth.  

Good luck.
cutekatie
on 7/23/12 10:58 am
RNY on 05/16/12
I am experiencing a lot of hair loss however my hair is so thick that I love the way my hair is.  Now strange as it seems my fingernails have never been stronger.  They used to be brittle, flaky, and just plain gross.

I know I'm eating enough protein if my nails are so strong so it's probably some other nutrient that is causing my hair to fall out.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/12 11:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Hair will fall out after any big weight loss be it surgery or otherwise.  I started losing a lot of hair at about 3 months out til 6 months out.  There is nothing you can take to make it better, just keep up your protein and vitamins.
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/23/12 11:42 am - Windsor, Canada
 I lost lots. I was the only one who ever noticed.  
There are way worse reasons to lose hair...

It is  only hair and will grow back ;/).  

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

slrm2m2
on 7/23/12 11:58 am - Canada
 I lost tons starting at 3 months and have just saw the loss slow down a great deal in the last few weeks.  I'm just over 6 months right now.  I see some regrowth at my hairline, so that is making me hopeful that my hair will look healthy and full again soon.  I know how alarming it is when your bathroom is just covered in hair.  I couldn't believe how much came out just while shampooing alone!  
Don't worry, it will slow down and then regrow!
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Ellie2
on 7/23/12 10:38 pm
 Hi Lisa, 
Just clarifying...did Dr. P-H, from the Guelph HOspital do your sleeve?  I wasn't aware she did these; just thought it was Dr. Reed?  Just waiting for my apt to see surgeon and post op surgery apt...
Thanks, 
Heather. 
Lisa H.
on 7/24/12 9:03 am, edited 7/24/12 9:03 am - Canada
VSG on 03/28/12
Yes Heather she did do my sleeve.  She is an amazing surgeon.  I actually had the choice between the RNY and sleeve.  Originally I was going for the RNY until I met her and then with the info she gave me and more research on my end I decided the sleeve was the better choice for me:)  So far if lost almost 80lbs in 4 months.  Im VERY pleases with my decision.
Lisa          
niceeyes72
on 7/24/12 1:13 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
I am 4 months post op and losing hair too. I started Biotin and my APN told me that was ok and it would take 6 weeks to start making a difference. It may not help but I feel like I am at least trying to help the regrowth/slow down the hair loss.

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Monica M.
on 7/24/12 1:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
EVERYone goes through this. Some people it bothers more than others. The loss of hair is a reaction of your body to the trauma of the surgery. You can do NOTHING to prevent it. You can only promote the regrowth, that's what the protein and vitamins are partly about. Ensure that you're well nourished, and your hair will regrow, but you CANNOT prevent the loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics