Day 7 of Optifast

Nancy T.
on 8/13/12 2:24 pm - Canada
So I was put on two weeks of Opti and it is going really well.  I am not hungry at all and I am starting to feel better and see some slight changes...my face and ankles are a little smaller :)  I have had a bit of constipation but the dietician said to get some benefiber.  I have lost 1 lbs I am pretty much dropping a pound a day.  Yaaay me !
Sarahs_journey
on 8/13/12 2:35 pm - London, Canada
YAY YOU!  weigh to go!! 
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
Jason W.
on 8/13/12 2:45 pm - Canada
Congrats...I found the Opti was the hardest of my journey. Did you find your favorite mixtures? Mine was orange extract with the chocolate and coconut extract with the vanilla.

I took 2 to 3 capsules of metamucil with every shake and had no constipation.

It won't be long now.
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 3:39 pm - Straford, Canada
Yeah!  Great news!  You can access the active ingredient of metamucil and benefiber called psyllium at the bulk barn and most grocery stores and some pharmacies (though most would rather sell the much more expensive pharmacautical product), it has no flavour and is easy to continue taking post surgery too (I found metameucil turned my pouch being too sweet).  

Enjoy the ride!  Regards, Ian  
Moselle
on 8/13/12 3:47 pm - Athens, Canada
Great News, Nancy. It certainly makes the Opti-stage easier when you don't have to gag it down. I didn't mind it either.  I wish you all the best for week 2 and also for your upcoming surgery.  Keep up the good work and you'll rock this surgery.
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/13/12 3:52 pm - Windsor, Canada
That's awesome Nancy!! 

Mind over matter is part of it, and finding a recipe and consistency that works for you is key.

Glad to hear that it's going well.

Dawn :) 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Nancy T.
on 8/13/12 4:15 pm - Canada

Ya I don't mind Opti at all I think this is the easiest diet I have been on no food preparation they are filling and taste good.  I put flavor in the Vanilla (Mi0 or Crystal Light) Yummy !

Btrue2u
on 8/13/12 7:11 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Glad thing are working out well.    

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

gimpymom
on 8/13/12 6:16 pm
I am also on day 7 of Opti- have added flavouring to vanila- decaf coffee crystals, and sugarless flavourings from Home Sense and Starbucks work well--good luck on week 2 and for surgery--If you are at HRRH on Aug. 20 we may just meet up!!!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Heidi S.
on 8/13/12 6:51 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 That's awesome Nancy I'm so happy for you. I start my 2 weeks of diabetic boost tomorrow. I think I will get something incase I get constipated as well. Thank you for the reminder. Again so happy for you

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Recent Topics