New here, scheduled for surgery Nov. 15th with Dr Raiche in Ottawa

shrinkingeve
on 10/22/12 4:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
I just got my date for surgery, Nov 15, 2012 It is to be done by Dr Raiche. I start Optifast this Thursday. I have so much I could say and so many questions but will start with this and a hello :) 

Cheers,

Evie
time2changeme
on 10/22/12 11:32 am
Hello Evie!  Welcome and good luck on your journey. 
I am just about done 6 weeks of opti-fast, and my surgery is this week!
I found this forum very helpful with questions, concerns and advice .....your
not alone! 

Good Luck on your opti-fast :-)
shrinkingeve
on 10/22/12 7:58 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
On October 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM Pacific Time, time2changeme wrote:
Hello Evie!  Welcome and good luck on your journey. 
I am just about done 6 weeks of opti-fast, and my surgery is this week!
I found this forum very helpful with questions, concerns and advice .....your
not alone! 

Good Luck on your opti-fast :-)
 Best of luck with your surgery this week! 
msheavyhearted
on 10/22/12 12:19 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Welcome, Evie.

This is quite an awesome place. The people are nice and quite in-the-know about all things WLS.

Ask away - though may I suggest reading some of the old posts, too. You'll often find that many of your questions have been asked before.

Opti was one of my favourite parts of my journey. It signaled a new beginning for me.

Good luck and I hope to see you post lots!
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

cutekatie
on 10/22/12 12:29 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
Hello. Welcome. I am from Ottawa as well.

Katie

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

JJ_
on 10/22/12 1:14 pm
Welcome to the forum Evie,

Congrats on getting your surgery date!  You must be excited.

Judy
Liv2ride63
on 10/22/12 1:46 pm - tweed, Canada
welcome to the group ,and good luck with your surgery hon ,,just had  mine done in ottawa on the 15th ,,they treat  you good
shrinkingeve
on 10/22/12 8:00 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 So you are a week out?.....How are you feeling now? I think my biggest fear is the home aftercare. Not "messing up". May I ask how long you stayed in hospital and are you in town or came in town for surgery? I ask because I am in town myself.
Dreamalittledream
on 10/22/12 8:41 pm, edited 10/22/12 8:42 pm - Canada
Liv2ride63
on 10/22/12 10:39 pm - tweed, Canada
im feeling pretty good , better each day ,,of course sore but thats to be expected ,,its about a 3hr drive home from the hospital ,,that was a little tough i felt every bump and the road construction along hwy7 didnt help lol...as for being home you will need someone with you for a few days at least , i was blessed that my daughters did shift work looking after me ,,,but since the day of surgery i have been up walking around , just have to be carefull with the getting up and down out of chairs and bed..but the pain is less everyday :) i go back to ottawa tomorrow for my week post opp appointment , good luck hon ,
Most Active
Recent Topics