Concerned no weight loss

franky13
on 9/2/13 10:49 pm

I was on here last week, saying I may be at a stall??? I was 299 pre op and 295 at discharge and 279 at 1 month weigh in...

Now after speaking to dietician and clinic, THEY have concerns....I have not lost in 3 wks, I am almost 5 wks post op and just started soft solid foods on Saturday.

I have been following diet structure, walking and back to work as of today,  Does anyone know of this happening to someone this early on with a positive outcome?  Anyone want to share their weigh loss stats early on?

I am at check up next week at surgeon and clinic to see diet, because of this.  Any ideas, questions I should be asking? Things I may be doing wrong??

So sad and frustrated.

Thanks for the help

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/13 10:53 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

The 3 week stall is common and for some it can last for many weeks.  Just keep following your plan and the pounds will start coming off again.  Have you measured yourself at all throughout as sometimes when the scale doesn't move, we lose inches instead.

franky13
on 9/2/13 11:32 pm

I have big concerns as I need to have my knee replaced by summer 2014, and I have to be 100 lbs down...working 50hrs a week and walking is a killer...thanks for the support

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Monica M.
on 9/2/13 11:43 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

are you keeping track of what you eat? if you posted a sample of what you're eating daily, we would be able to help you a bit more.

That being said, stalls are a normal part of the process, and they are frustrating, for sure. If you do the math (calories, in, calories out), you'll likely find that you're at a deficit (burning more than you're taking in), and common sense says that you have no choice but to lose weight, this early on. Try not getting on the scale at all. Take measurements, like Tracey says.

Alternatively, what i've recently started doing (and i have to really counsel my head not to get frustrated), is weigh every day, at the same time, and record that on a chart. If you do that, DO NOT pay attention to the individual readings, but take note of the general way things are going. You'll notice that you're having daily fluctuations, but i bet that you'll see a downward trend.

Michele T.
on 9/3/13 1:03 am - Canada

Hi there,

I am almost 4 weeks post op and I have hit this 3 week stall they call it.  I can`t seem to get down.  It`s been like this for 1 week now.  I just keep doing what I am doing and hope it will come off.  I am always on the scale which is a horrible thing trying to change this, but I do have my 1 month follow up tomorrow and will see what they say.  All I can suggest is what I am doing is track everything and keep walking, I am sure the rest will FALL into place :)

Good luck!

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

jellyfishattack
on 9/3/13 1:16 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi,

I hit my 1st stall less than 3 weeks out, closer to 2 weeks out and it lasted 3 entire weeks.  It did pass though, but it was extremely frustrating.  I was following the diet & walking all the time too.  It doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss - it was just that three week stall, a little early.  I have heard that the three week stall can last for longer than 3 weeks, even 5 weeks, so try not to be discouraged.  So far, everything sounds normal.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Lolabug
on 9/3/13 1:21 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I stalled about 2.5 weeks as well. I'm at 6 weeks today. Over the course of the past 5 days I've lost 5 pounds. It will happen. Just keep calm and carry on with what you are doing. Drink lots of fluids, keep your protein level as high as you can and take your vitamins. Hang in there.

franky13
on 9/3/13 2:48 am

Thanks for the advice...angry

Most Active
Recent Topics