Day 3 on Optifast need suggestions please

michellebear
on 6/6/14 7:44 am - Canada

Ok so day 3 and the chocolate is bareable and I take vanilla with banana and coconut extract.Is there anyone who has other suggestions? also I was talking to someone who use Fat free Italian dressing on there Lettuce,celery,cucumbers and broccoli? I was told only lemon juice or vinegar.Thanks for any advice I'm getting nervous my Surgery date is June 18th 

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/14 8:11 am - MISSISSAUGA, Canada

Lucky you to be able to have veggies!!  I don't have that option!  I'm on day 8. But in regards to flavouring the OptiFast, you can find different concentrated food flavourings at Bulk Barn, such as orange, butterscotch, raspberry.  I especially like using raspberry crystal lite.  It's good with the chocolate as well as the vanilla. Instant coffee is a good way to flavour, as well as tea.  I brewed up a pot of extra strong chai tea, let it cool, and use it for the vanilla.  

My surgery date is June 19, and I too am a little nervous, but mostly excited/anxious.  Remember to focus on the prize, and hang on for a ride of a lifetime!! 

Almostthere1966
on 6/6/14 11:17 am - Canada

phoeonixxs how do you mix the tea in? is tha part of the 1 and 3/4 cups of water added to the Optifast? Bein my Optifast OnTuesday so geting ideas now to be prepared.

Thanks

Kahy

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/14 11:24 am - MISSISSAUGA, Canada

I make the tea the 300 ml required to mix with the OptiFast.  I haven't tried it with hot tea, but I imagine it might taste like a Vanilla Chai latte! I'm going to be trying some other flavours like Pina Colda and Orange Cranberry. 

Jen

michellebear
on 6/8/14 6:24 am - Canada

Thanks so much for your advice I could not find raspberry at the bulk barn but have ****onut and banana and orange.The chai tea is brilliant idea! I have some and forgot I could use tea and Im on my 5 th day of Optifast and getting tired of cucumbers and lettuce plain   LOL Oh well no pain no gain? I dont own a scale so I have no idea how much Im losing but I know I feel like it. Thanks Jen and everyone else for your advice.Wish me luck on the 18th   Michelle

michellebear
on 6/13/14 2:15 am - Canada

4 more days om Optifast!  thanks phonenixxs best of luck to you too.See ya on the losers bench!! 

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/14 7:55 am - MISSISSAUGA, Canada

Thanks! 5 days for me! Your surgery is one day ahead of mine!  
The best of everything to you michellebear!  Looking forward to being a loser!  

OneByte
on 6/7/14 12:42 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I just added ice cubes to ensure they were really cold. For vanilla, I added a 1tsp of pure cocoa powder. 

michellebear
on 6/13/14 2:09 am - Canada

thanks OneByte I find it easier to drink with ice too :)

csmith74
on 6/7/14 1:00 am

The Mio flavourings are good in the vanilla and I liked adding nutmeg, cinnamon, coffee to the chocolate.

Most Active
Recent Topics