5-6 weeks post op...

Spenceymommy
on 6/21/16 8:22 am

at 5-6 weeks post op what did your daily food/water intake look like.   

I am am able to get my 60-80g of protien alone from food, doing 1/2-3/4 of a cup egg whites with ham, chicken, chicken , ground beef (extra lean) or steak, Greek yogurt... 

Water er is between 48-64oz a day...

however I'm not losing of much anything.  My period was late and I stalled waiting for it for 3 weeks. I've only lost about 5 lbs in two weeks. 38lbs since pre op. 

Im just so worried I'm doing it wrong. 38lbs is a lot, but ppl who had surgery same day as me has lost more, is eating less and barely drinking.  

Ginnny
on 6/21/16 10:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Stalls are normal. What is caloric intake?

follow your plan the scale will move eventually. 

GentleDomenic
on 6/21/16 12:34 pm - Canada

I am 8 weeks out and track my food most days I'm in the 750 total calorie zone 

Basically eating  2-3 meals a day and 2 snacks 

If the calories are in this range it's just a matter of time, if not you need to get it to this range to get it going.

I would 100% suggest to make sure you are getting some exercise every day 

This all helped me

Spenceymommy
on 6/21/16 1:03 pm

I'm between 4-600 calories a day maybe I'll try upping it to 700?

Catw
on 6/22/16 5:57 am - Arnprior, Canada

Don't forget to take into consideration anything you lost during Optifast.  That will have an effect on the first bit of time.  And keep trying to have your water at the higher end.  Especially in the heat.  You don't realize how dehydrated you get during the day.  Watch any sauces you are using on your meat, and your salt content (you don't mention either, but it's something to keep an eye out for).  Some sauces are higher sugar/calorie and salt can cause you to retain water.

Cathy

Spenceymommy
on 6/22/16 7:17 am

I think one of my challenges is I never did optifast so I was on a food diet before surgery which had me eating like a bird already

Most Active
Recent Topics