SCARED AND EXCITED

patty-cakes
on 9/29/16 6:57 am

So i have not been writing much in here lately because i found i ws just getting stressed for the waiting game

June 8th 2015 was my orientation June 1 2016 was my first appointment i havethe rest all logged so i will post later so people get an idea of waiting time (St Joes in Hamilton) I will tell you to KEEP  on the clinics butts big time as i gave my new phone number back in Feb when i changed it over and i had to keep calling to find things out as no one called back.. Was not until Aug i changed my address when i went in for appointment and saw vthey still had OLD number down. Today the 29th i go for my Nut class so excited and on the 13th i go for pre-op on the 17th of october My life vwill be so changed for the best. It has been a HUGE emotional ride already so i can imagine what after surgery will be like and not emtional in a bad way most of my tears are out of Happiness The only sad thing is the negative comments that sometimes little jerkfaces will say like an easy way out that i'm cheating.. NOT CHEATING WOULD NOT BE HAVING SURGERY AND JUST LETTING MYSELF DIE. That would be cheating myself out of life my children of a mother my huabad from having a wife and my family of having me around to hold so many people together... This time i need my family members to hold me together because of how strong iam with every person in my family i will NEED their support. All you people playing this wait game for surgery do not let people discourage you. % years ago i was suppose to go for this and i backed out because of little jerkfaces comments today i stand tall into one step closer regaining my life.. 

I joined a support group That meets up once a month back in January. i wanted to join before this BUT i thought it was too soon. Word of advice NEVER  to soon these woman and men had help me grow and molded me. i hear the most wonderful things and some bad expires but those one that say bad also tell us they would never change a thing they are 100% happy they had it. i also have my son that comes to all the support meetings with me (except my last one Oct 12th0 We have support meeting for my sone for ADHD/ADD slash everything lol and as important it is for me to have support this little guy needs it too..  July of this year i was even asked to run a meeting so it was pretty cool that htey trust me.

Remember this is YOUR LIFE YOUR HAPPINESS YOUR CHOICE,  get all the info you can and by all means enjoy every moment of it.. Yes the wait SUCKS BIG TIME lol BUT make sure the list of things you will need to be tested for that you get at orientation go and book them all i even did the ones i knew i would not need but JUST incase because waiting for those results to be tested will SLOW  your time down. 

REMEMBER SUPPORT IS VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOUR FROM NIAGARA REGION I CAN SEND YOU LIST OF SUPPORTS GROUPS THERE IS ALSO FACEBOOK ONES THAT ARE ALL CONECTED WITH THE MEETINGS AS WELLhAMILTON HAS MONTHLY MEETING AND ST CATHARINES ALSO DOES..

Enjoy your Journey

crqvingchange
on 9/29/16 8:03 am

Sounds like you have your head in the right place.  Your surgery will be here before you know it.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

patty-cakes
on 10/6/16 9:00 pm

I'm beyond ready for it i"m lucky this wed i have support meeting in my area thursday pre p mon surgery so just the count down is on fingers cross those clear liquids are my new desserts and lobster dinner maybe i will make one a pumpkin pie lol i mean if i pretend thats what i'm drinking maybe i can trick myself into tasting it lol

leeann73
on 9/29/16 11:00 am

great post.  It takes a lot of courage to do this - not an easy way out at all!

patty-cakes
on 10/6/16 9:02 pm

I just need to educate people around me into understanding the hard work we put our body minds and soul into to have this surgery and get to where we want to be. i mean heads up everyone even if you do not quite get to our goal weight the hard work everyone has done deserves to be noticed :D 

Manda32
on 9/29/16 12:38 pm

Well said!! Good luck to you on your journey!

Teena D.
on 9/30/16 6:04 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good luck!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 9/30/16 6:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Be sure to add your surgery to the list!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

patty-cakes
on 10/6/16 9:02 pm

Thank You :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics