Can fluids stretch your pouch!(stupid question)

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/27/17 3:17 pm

I don't know if I'm over scared or what but I feel like I'm not always satisfied after finishing my cup of soup! I am day 14 post op and I am on my full fluids diet still but when I have my meal I am not having the uncomfortable pain u get when u have had enough! Is this normal. I don't want to push my pouch any and I want to stay in the guidelines which are in my folder I received from the clinic. I don't want to eat to much! I haven't thrown up at all and I take my time eating. I have e problems drinking cold water still but I am fine with hot or warm decafe tea. Could drinking to much stretch my new pouch out? Please help!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 3:41 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You likely won't have much feeling of anything, full or hunger for months.  They cut the nerves when they do the surgery so you won't get that same feeling you used to get.  Liquids go straight through so no worries of it stretching.  You may not ever get that full feeling again, it has changed for me.  Full for me now is a lack of interest in my food, a slight sigh, a bit of a runny nose, subtle little things like that mean I am full.

As for water, cold tends to bother most people early out, just stick to room temperature or hot, doesn't matter what temp it is as long as you get the fluids in you.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 2/27/17 3:51 pm

Thanks so much Tracey! Now I have something to settle my mind!

Mahalo F.
on 2/28/17 4:26 am

Good morning!

I have found there are no stupid questions here @ OH.

I drink quite a bit and I have been told it fluid just flows out as you drink.

I never ever get the sensation of feeling full.  I only eat about a quarter of a cup.

I am almost 8 weeks out...

This journey comes with a lot questions.  Don't ever hesitate to come here and ask...

Amazing support here...

Good luck & take care

Sandra.  

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

leeann73
on 3/4/17 4:56 pm

Oh my goodness. Only a quarter of a cup? I am 11 days post op and can eat 3/4 cup cream soup no problem at all. I am worried I do not have enough restriction

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

leeann73
on 3/2/17 4:11 pm

I am glad you brought this up. I am 9 days post op and I feel like I can eat more soup and I don't know if I am full - I am not hungry but I don't have any uncomfortable feeling - I think if we just follow the guidelines we will be fine. Now, tonight, I ate my soup too fast (east to get it down), and I had the worse hiccups after dinner - I did read someone say that hiccups were her sign of fullness

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics