Scale issues

northernga1
on 10/14/17 12:41 pm, edited 10/14/17 5:42 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

there are many factors here, time of day you are weighing, if you have had regular bowel movements? I have literally gained up to 11 pounds from constipation. Our weight flucuates often threw out the day. I really think you should not buy a battery for your scale and only weigh yourself at your dr's appointments. Follow your guidelines, get as much protein in as you can and water and get some exercise or walking in and trust the process. Even 2 pounds a week = 104 at the end of the year. If you really feel you should replace the battery in your scale i suggest you only weigh yourself 1 day a week at the same time or once a month.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

rce884
on 10/14/17 12:46 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks northernca1

i tend to , after reading the previous replies (and yours), agree. i am going to rely on doctors scales, from now on.

Again, thank you!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Wayne H.
on 10/16/17 8:33 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Step on your own scale before you go to your next Dr's appointment. That should tell you how off the Scale at home may or may not be. For me, My scale is 2 lbs lighter than the large Digital Calibrated Shipping Dock Scale I normally step onto here at Work. That way I don't get the shocked looked as much.

But I will say this, My weight is up/down and all over the map depending on time of day so now I try to weigh myself first thing in the morning after a shower but before I start my breakfast to get the best measurement on a consistent basis.

rce884
on 10/17/17 2:42 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks Wayne, all good advice!

i will remember to weigh myself in the morning before i go to the doctors

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

terrylynnishere
on 10/14/17 1:13 pm

rce884, as long as you stick to your program, and continue to do the next right thing the weight will come off.

Trust that you did the right thing by having the surgery in the first place and relax a bit and enjoy all the positive things that are happening health wise. I'm sure regardless of what the scale says , you've noticed some changes in your weight. I personally have not been on a scale since the day of surgery b/c I choose to focus on adapting to the new eating plan and getting the most out of what I'm learning about fueling my body. However I do understand that it may not work for everyone b/c we are all different.

I am sure the scale will begin to reduce in numbers before you know it.

Best wishes !

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

rce884
on 10/14/17 1:19 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Terrylynn,

I can see the difference in my body. my torso is where i carried most of my weight (like that is past tense yet lol) but even today when i went in the washroom i looked in the mirror and a shirt i liked but always bulged a little over my muffin top (affectionately known as the pound cake) was not bulging. i mean thats good. and i am happy about that. i have to focus on the NSV's i guess and not the numbers.

thanks so much

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/17 1:25 pm

Our bodies and our cells take up to 30 days to catch up and in some ways longer ...think about the fact that you're dumping so many toxins and hormones in your body.. it's like hello what is going on???? Water weight.. oh yea..

rce884
on 10/14/17 1:35 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

LOL! thanks!~

leeann73
on 10/14/17 6:39 pm

I am scale obsessed. It keeps me on track. If you want a good scale, you can buy some that track your progress. If you would rather focus on nsv, which is super cool and I wish I could, then just weigh at your doctors. I had a friend that named her scale TES (the evil scale). Lol. From all your posts it sounds like you are doing super awesome.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

rce884
on 10/17/17 3:24 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Leeann,

i love the idea of relying on NSV. i would like to be so brave. i feel that i am trapped by the number on the scale. i am trying to avoid my own scale. i stepped on it today after changing the battery. up another pound. but (forgive me for not scrolling through to check who said this but) someone said it could be constipation. i am thinking it very well could i havent been drinking enough i think i am a little backed up. so going to see if the pharmacy has anything for that.

Thank you so much for your feedback

Most Active
Recent Topics