What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 9:54 am

You definitely have a green thumb. If I knew where you lived, I'd raid that yummy sounding veggie garden of yours. Mint is wonderful. I could eat it on its own, but I love it in Asian style coleslaw. Airy, I love my Bento Box. Mine isn't stainless, but plastic and it comes with a little thermal carrying case that looks like a laptop bag. If I fill all 4 containers, it's like a little picnic.

My parents are still with me, but it makes me appreciate them more when I hear lovely stories of your Dad and the others that were posted today.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 6/19/18 9:36 am, edited 6/19/18 3:46 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Howdy. Hope everyone is having a good day so far! I'm still pre-op but since I'm following a special pre-op diet instead of doing Opti, I think posting here will help me stay focused. Hope that's ok!

QOTD: Oscar Wilde, because he'd be hilarious and just very interesting company.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 2 cups fresh strawberries

Lunch: 3oz chicken breast stirfried with 1/2 cup red peppers and a bit of water with beef bouillon mix.
2 wasa crackers with 1 tbsp almond butter

Dinner: 3oz chicken breast stirfried with beef bouillon (same batch as lunch), 1 cup cucumber slices
2 wasa crackers with 1 tbsp almond butter

Snack: ditto as dinner

Today's my first full day of this plan so I'm being repetitive with my meals, I'll mix it up more in the next few days. But HOLY SMOKES this feels/looks like a tonne of food. But the protein, carb, fat, and calorie amounts are the same as in the Optifast shakes.

I'm tempted to make my carb allowance all veggies with a bit of fruit, and cut out the grains, though the menu plan specifically states 3 grain servings a day (I know how much dieticians love incorporating grains)...I dunno. Maybe I'll keep 'em in for now until I get used to it, then try subbing more veggies for grains next week.

EDIT: gah, that should be 1 rye wasa cracker, not 2. Wishful thinking as I was typing, I guess!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 6/19/18 9:59 am

Welcome, and howdy back to you. That looks like a great menu and if your stats are the same as Opti, it's a win.

Oscar Wilde would be a great choice, funny, flamboyant, and full of wit.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics