What's on the menu today RNYer's

Bubbles314
on 11/23/14 11:33 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Everybody,

I decided to start the post today.  It is 51 degrees and rainy today, sadly no sun again today.  I was up earlier than usual and already got in 45 minutes of exercise.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend, full of good choices.  I am pleased to say I did well with my food plan and did exercise twice a day since the weather here is dreary.

7 weeks out from surgery

B  Shelly's Riccata pancake and smokey link turkey

L  saute scallops

D  tortilla cheese pizza (I can have tortilla now)

S  lowfat cheese stick

712 Calories, 62 Protein

V/W started

E  started, will do another 30/45 minutes after I volunteer at Salvation Army with my family putting Thanksgiving boxes together to give away.

Have a great day everyone

karenp8
on 11/24/14 12:23 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us off this morning and way to go on the volunteering. Volunteering has always been a big part of my life and I am the director of our local food pantry. It makes my situation look so much better when I work with people who don't know where their next meal will come from! Not feeling well today as I am fighting a cold and sore throat. Unfortunately I have two Christmas cantatas coming up so I am hitting the Coldezze and throat drops. Lily and I did one mile at the park this morning. It was really windy and cold but at least we got some done. I also did program 9 on my treadmill for two miles more. At some point today I will also do level 3 of 30 day shred DVD. I WILL get my exercise in even if I don't feel good. I also have some housecleaning to get done too. My son comes home for the holiday tomorrow and hubby comes home Wednesday from New Orleans for a few days too. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the food plan too: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese with 1/2 c cooked cabbage S Greek yogurt D egg fu young S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everybody has a good Monday!

Bubbles314
on 11/24/14 1:29 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks for replying I am usually posting after 12 p.m. here, I am use to seeing 12 people or more ahead of me.  I also am not as chatty as Anny and Em, but I can learn.  They just seem to come up with topics easily that are interesting.  Feel better Karen, and very committed  to exercise when you don't feel good.  I am going to push myself like that too.  So cool you run the food pantry, I know that would be a lot of work.  The world needs more volunteers.  Hope you and your family have a great holiday.

NYMom222
on 11/24/14 12:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Feel better Karen, and good job Bubbles volunteering at the Salvation Army. Are you using low carb tortillas? I bought some off of Netrition website but haven't used them yet. Froze them with wax paper between each one so I could take them out as I needed them.

B: Pina Colada Smoothie

L;CHicken Salad

S; Premier protein

D; Chicken?

S: Kays' natural's pretzels

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 11/24/14 1:33 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Yes I am using low carb tortillas.  I do have some ordered from Netrition, but I got these from Sawalls health food store. Do you like the Kay's natural pretzels? 

NYMom222
on 11/26/14 8:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Actually I do like them, they have a very solid crunch. I like the cinnamon twist and the jalapeno mustard. I didn't think I would like the jalapeno mustard, but I had ordered directly from Kays and they gave me a sample. love them. Don't eat them very often, but when you need something crunchy they are great. I also ordered some cheerios-type cereal from kays and some pretzel breading to put on chicken. haven't tried the breading yet, the cereal was fine... but I don't in anyway crave cereal, so I don't think I will order it again.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dodgergirl27
on 11/24/14 12:48 am, edited 11/24/14 12:48 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All!

I hope everyone is off to a great holiday week.  I am so ready for a short work week and long weekend.  This will be my first major holiday since surgery, but I'm not too worried about it.  I think there will be plenty of good choices, so the bite of mashed potatoes I may have won't kill me.  Also, I've never been a fan of Thanksgiving day desserts, so that won't be too much trouble to resist (now Christmas cookies, that's another story altogether).  What are people's strategies for the upcoming week?  Longer workouts?  Careful counting?  Or just go with it, Thanksgiving only happens 1x/yr?  I'd love to hear all of your thoughts!

Time since surgery:  10 months

B - Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha (so good, I craved and got one)..and hearty blueberry oatmeal

L - Chicken veggie bowl

D - Something light, I'm thinking a kale salad

V/W - I forgot my vitamins, I will take them when I get home from work...water is on track though

E - None planned, but I'm hoping to get spinning in

Have a great day and a great week everyone!

karenp8
on 11/24/14 1:19 am - Brighton, IL

I count and plan just like I always do for holidays. I dump so the desserts don't tempt me at all anymore but would have been my downfall before surgery. For my treat for the day I will have a couple bites if the homemade yeast rolls that I am making to take. They will go home with someone else so they dont call out to me! There are always plenty of good protein choices it seems and I'm taking some green beans so there is a non starchy vegetable too.

AZPatty
on 11/24/14 1:45 am
RNY on 02/25/14

I will be starting my morning off running.  I will run 4.5 - 5 miles.  I have changed a few menu items to make them more healthy. 

1.  I will make roasted diced sweet potatoes and sprinkle a tiny amount of cinnamon on them.  Substituted for candied Yams.

2.  I am making a combination of roasted veggies--asparagus, butternut squash, mushrooms, Brussel sprouts, and zucchini.  Substitute this out for green bean casserole.

3.  I am using a combination of McCormick package gravy (made with water) and Heinz jar turkey gravy.  This is only 25 calories for 1/4 cup.  Substitute that for gravy made from the turkey drippings. 

4.  Everything that is not so healthy will not be saved for leftovers.  That way the temptations don't linger longer than Thanksgiving dinner.  I will send home with guests or do whatever I have to get them out of the house.

Everything else will stay the same but this will give me some healthy options to eat.  I will eat my stuffing and not alter the recipe.  I will just count for it and have a smaller serving.

Bubbles314
on 11/24/14 2:14 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I go to my sisters for Thanksgiving, she lives about 15 minutes away.  I offered to bring Green bean casserole, and Flourless Chocolate chip zucchini brownies(got the recipe here).  Just in case I want dessert I'll eat those.  I plan to have a little turkey 2 oz, a spoonful of dressing, a spoonful of green bean casserole and low fat gravy.  I also plan to do a lot of talking, laughing, and maybe win a game (my family plays games or cards after dinner while the kids play and we get a few laughs).  A relaxing, fun, loving day.

The Starbucks skinny peppermint mocha sounds good.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views