Advice, please: Good lines to use in social situation tonight if my weight comes up?

Pokemom
on 3/6/15 3:33 am
RNY on 12/29/14

What my mom always said.  Thank you, too!

catalina07
on 3/5/15 11:34 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I am a pretty private person, especially when it comes to things like health and weight. So far, I have said the same thing each time I have been asked, "how are you doing it?" I say "A lot of hard work. Eating healthy foods, very low carbs, and going to the gym".  That is ALL true! I don't have to tell them anything so even that much info I feel is enough to satisfy their curiosity. I find that people who ask me "how", is because they want to hear of a magic trick or mystery pill or juice cleanse, that will help THEM TOO!  Also the first question is..."how much have you lost"...I find that it's easiest just to lie. I tell them a number that is about half of what I lost. This way it doesnt put up any RED FLAGS, and unless they themselves have lost a ton of weight, how do they know how much 60lbs loss looks like in compared to 30? Oh, I also tell them I have been working at it for twice as long.  That has been my strategy so far and it has been working for me. I feel bad to lie but...at the same time, they are the ones being a little rude with the specific questions. Maybe one day I will be comfortable enough to tell random people about my surgery but for now, I rather keep it to myself and my very select closest people in my life.  You will figure out what works for you too. 

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Pokemom
on 3/6/15 3:36 am
RNY on 12/29/14

It really is amazing how people can not realize the rudeness of their questions.  It reminds me of being pregnant, and how everyone wants to touch your belly.  My son is growing quite a beard lately, and he says people come up to him often and just rub it.  Isn't that funny?  For those of us who are private, to be asked some of those questions feels as forward as someone coming up to us and rubbing our bodies! 

p.s. every time you post, I admire that eye.

catalina07
on 3/7/15 12:06 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Thanks Pokemon. I SOOO hate rudeness too. I am not sure if people are completely oblivious or just don't care at their rude remarks! 

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
Recent Topics