10 months out

Lisa W.
on 3/14/15 3:55 am - Denver, CO

I'm 10 months out started at 334 before surgery got to 305 at surgery and im 210 now and cant seem to lose anything sticking to diet and fluids almost over honeymoon afraid i stretched pouch can eat more than i could before is it possible im done losing or stretched pouch.

Lisa Willis

MickeyDee
on 3/14/15 4:59 am

You are just in a plateau;  keep your head down and ignore that Demon Scale.  You are NOT a number, you are a great person with a wonderful future and a great present life.

Keep on with what you are doing.  You're probably losing inches now, and then you'll begin losing weight again.  It's all completely normal.  Don't tell me you haven't had plateaus before now;  stay off the scale and don't try to juggle your program.  Protein first, no simple carbs, keep walking (or whatever you enjoy doing).  If you're not already doing so, I'd suggest adding weights training to build muscle and core strength.

HLen
on 3/14/15 9:09 am
RNY on 07/11/14

I started out at 334. Surgery at 221... I'm 8 months out and been back and forth between 211 and 217 for 3 months... It's irritating.. I avoid the scale.. But I feel your pain.. I'm doing what I should... Doctor says not to worry... I'm sure it will start up as a loss again. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/14/15 11:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On March 14, 2015 at 10:55 AM Pacific Time, Lisa W. wrote:

I'm 10 months out started at 334 before surgery got to 305 at surgery and im 210 now and cant seem to lose anything sticking to diet and fluids almost over honeymoon afraid i stretched pouch can eat more than i could before is it possible im done losing or stretched pouch.

This may not be a stall or a plateau. You are worried you have stretched your pouch because you can eat more than before. Since you are eating more, you could be eating enough that this is your maintenance weight, and if you want to lose more, you'll need to cut back.

Everyone's pouch stretches a little over time, and stretching it too much is pretty rare. You would have to over eat repeatedly to do so. 

My guess is you've just drifted into eating a little too much. Do you weigh and track everything you eat? Keeping a really close log will tell you what, and how much you are eating, and what you might have to do to get back on track.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/14/15 11:44 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

For most of us we start losing the befits of our "honeymoon" period at 18 months out.  So you've got plenty of time to get where you want to be.  Grim is right - you are most likely eating a bit more than you need and have stopped the free fall losing.  You may be in a stall or your body may be adjusting to the new you.  Probably its a combination of all of those things.

Just because you can eat more doesn't mean you should.  Track it seriously for several days to find the pattern and see if you need to cut back.  If not then relax and trust that you are following your plan and it will work.  It's a journey, not a race and if you are on plan you will get to your goal eventually.  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Lisa_702
on 3/17/15 1:28 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 07/22/14

Lisa - I am 9 months out and I started at 254 now I am 172.  The last couple of weeks I was at 167 this morning the scale says 172.  I'm not sure what is going on also, and I fear that I have stretched my pouch out because I can eat more then what I started.  I'm frustrated and annoyed.  I have been trying really hard not to eat but for some reason I feel hungry all the time.  I understand where you are coming from I almost feel like a failure. 

RNY surgery DATE: July 22, 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics