Focused Abdominal Pain--One Week Out

ChillOutWayne
on 3/9/15 9:48 am
RNY on 03/02/15

Hello all. I will start off saying I am calling the program director at the hospital first thing in the morning to discuss with them, I will be going there tomorrow anyway for follow labs and for my nutrition program.

I have had some pretty intense bowel pressure/pain since day 1, and the last few days that has gradually gotten better. I have become more aware, especially yesterday and today, of this focused pain I get when I make contact with the center area of my abdomen towards the left side. My drain incision that is still being packed each day (and bled pretty damn good today) is a little farther to the left and away from the strongest pain area by a few inches. When I am sitting still, laying down or walking around it really does not bother me. But when I get up, twist a certain way or put pressure on it stings me. When I say put pressure on it, I mean very little pressure, just the slightest pressure in the right area (probably 3 square inches) and it is pretty intense. Outside of this I have had no issues, no nausea, dizziness ect. Also I check my temperature regularly and it is normal, I feel nothing negative in my body outside of this. I am getting at least 70 ounces of water a day (still on clear liquid diet only).

If it were more consistent and present more often, or if I had some other issues going on like swelling or fever ect, I would have this addressed tonight. But seeing as it hasn't gotten much worse in the last day or longer, I feel comfortable addressing it tomorrow with the program people at the hospital. I know no one can diagnose it, but has anyone had similar pain after surgery that developed in an area days after surgery? I fully expect there to be discomfort, but my concern is this wasnt like this a few days ago and certainly wasn't so centralized to one area. I can definitely deal with the pain if needbe for a while, I can work around it pretty well, but I figured I would throw it up on here and see if anyone can share a similar experience.

Thanks!

Dan

DailyMae123
on 3/9/15 10:06 am

Sorry your having an issue.  I have not heard of someone having such isolated pain but I am not a doctor.  I just wanted to add support for you.  Congratulations on your surgery!

karin602
on 3/9/15 11:00 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Good to have it checked out. Pain can be from nerve endings not in the precise location where you feel the pain. Tricky little devils. Hope that is all it is nerves healing and you feel better soon.

Karin

Most Active
Recent Topics