What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 12:54 am
RNY on 07/17/14

There is no hate from me; I like McDonalds!  I was just really surprised at the 1 out of 8 stat and I thought if it's true then there's got to be someone here.  And I was right!  Yay!

melissasue1982
on 3/24/15 12:58 am
RNY on 04/06/15

So I have 3 older brothers.  TWO of then worked at McDonalds also in high school!!  So 3 out of 4 of us did.  My brother Brian thought working at McDonalds wasnt good enough for him!  HA  He still has that attitude about a lot of things!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Ocalasam
on 3/24/15 12:29 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Stay off the scale, Em.  I bet you'll loose some in the long run from not eating as much while you recover.  Don't stress!!

Dcgirl
on 3/24/15 12:44 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I know you're right, yet every morning after I pee, I slowly walk hunched over like a gorilla and step on the scale.  It's like some weird inner thing compels me!  I am going to set a goal to not weigh until next Monday.  Keep reminding me :)

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 1:05 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Maybe you could ask your mom to hide it.  LOL

Daisydoo02
on 3/24/15 1:08 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

you made me laugh out loud!!!!  Your two statements "hunched over like a gorilla" and "some weird inner thing compels me"  

THAT IS FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!!  

The scale does beckon me every single day so I totally get you on that!!  Its like its my child and I still have the umbilical cord attached, I have to step on it daily!! Yup I am that weirdo that steps on it daily, at the same time, like clockwork!!!

LOL LOL LOL 

karenp8
on 3/24/15 3:44 am - Brighton, IL

I do too Daisy! You are not alone!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/15 12:36 am

Good morning. My first job was going to the grocery store for all the older ladies in the neighborhood. I think they were just being kind to give me something to do. I later worked in a nursing in the activities department.

B:Pineapple cottage cheese on top of a piece of ham steak

S:1/4 of an apple and a egg

L:Chicken taco with out the shell

D:Pork with apricot preserves on top of it

S:Cheese stick

Daisydoo02
on 3/24/15 1:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning everyone!  Cold here too but I don't mind, I love turtle necks & sweaters and I have many in different colours, so I am okay with the winter. I hate that time of year in Spring when all it does it rain and everything is muddy before the grass starts to grow again.

First job was also babysitting, then a in high school I had the following jobs off an on: I was a math tutor to a grade 3 kid (which is a joke as I suck at math), then I worked at a Farmer's Market for one summer selling strawberries, then a waitress at this tiny diner that was horrible and I quit, then a receptionist at a Real Estate Office that was horrible and I quit, , then a receptionist at a "Hair Club for Men" which was actually a blast but I quit, then a receptionist at a Physiotherapy office which was great cuz I met a lot of cute guys! Then I went off to University and while at University during the summers for money I worked at General Motors in their truck plant building trucks on the line, installing the headlights to be specific, it was amazing money at the time but horrible back breaking work! Wow that was a trip down memory lane!

Time since surgery: 16 months and one week

I have not had an appetite lately so my menu is small, its weird I have weeks were I want to eat anything & everything and weeks were I just am not hungry but I eat cuz I have too, this is one of those weeks I am not hungry, its so weird!

B: two cups of vanilla hazelnut coffee with milk and splenda

S: Starbucks Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte 

L: 3 oz of Greek souvlaki chicken on 1/4 cup of greens

S: 2 tbsp hummus and 4 Breton crackers

D: 4 oz home made tandoori grilled chicken on 1/4 romaine lettuce

S: 2 oz beef jerky and Health Smart Protein Hot Chocolate

TOTALS: 772 calories  95 Protien  51 carbs  17 fat

V/W: vits are done, water is great 

Exercise: going for an hour walk at lunch and then will take the dogs out for an hour walk/jog later on

Tonight my one dog has to go to the vet, found a weird lump on his groin area so off to the vet we go.  My dogs love the vet so its not a problem getting them there I am just worried what the heck the lump is!

Also just wanted to share with you all that my family doctor's office emailed me last week apparently my Iron is "extremely low" (she would not discuss numbers I had to make an appt to go in, don't ask she is a bit weird that way).  Anyway's, I am frustrated as I am diligent on taking my vitamins and so I think its weird its "so low".  I am seeing my family doctor on the 31st so will let you all know what she says. I also have requested an appt at my Bariatric Centre with the NP to see what she says as well.  Just frustrated!!!

Have a great day everyone!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 1:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OK, that's pretty cool that you worked on the line at GM.  And I hope you get good news at your next checkup.  My iron is really low, too, and has been going down since the surgery.  At my 6 month appointment they doubled my iron (I take 4 ferro-sequels a day and I hate it) to see if that would bring it up.  I go back next month to have it checked.  If it's not up or has gone down even more, I'm looking at an infusion.   

Most Active
Recent Topics