What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 3/24/15 1:27 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks AV for replying about the Iron.  Mine as well apparently has slowing been going down as well.  

I am now on two "Feramax" Iron daily, I am also not impressed.  I might be looking at Iron Infusions as well and that does not make me happy at all!!!! I take one pill at 6am with water and I take the second pill at about 9pm with water when I go to bed.  Trying to see if I take them on their own with nothing else i.e. was taking it with my two multi's and my B12 to see if it makes a difference.  Time will tell!!

JB1114
on 3/24/15 1:09 am - Grain Valley, MO

So glad I don't live where all the snow has been this year.  We have had 2 light snows and that's enough.  We have days in the 70s then it falls to the 30s but nothing brutal like the East Coast.

My first job was babysitting.  My first office job was in the summer before my senior year.  It was horrible.  It was a mail order business, no AC, and there was an asphalt plant nearby so we smelled that all day plus the supervisor came to work on a broom.

I notice there are no protein shakes on the menus here.  My doctor told me I would need one or two shakes a day for the rest of my life in order to get sufficient protein.  The last 2 days my Click shake has tasted way too sweet and leaves me with that feeling I used to get when I ate too many cookies.  Tomorrow I'm going to eliminate the shakes and see if I meet my protein goal.

B:  Click shake in almond milk

S:  Weight Control oatmeal in almond milk

L:  Egg Salad; veggie chips

S:  Protein bar

D:  Maybe breakfast

S:  try to avoid

AngryViking
on 3/24/15 1:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

LOL @ "came to work on a broom".  I'm going to work that into my conversation today.

The Click (delicious Click) is the only protein drink I've had since like 4 weeks post-op.  I never really cared for most of them and my surgeon wasn't too keen on using them much longer than that, anyway.  Getting enough protein in my diet without shakes is like a game to me now.  Some days I win, and some days I don't.

JB1114
on 3/24/15 3:23 am - Grain Valley, MO

Strange how doctors differ in their requirements.  Click is my absolute favorite and I get 2 cans/month from Amazon.  I've tried so many brands of protein powder and RTD.  Some of them are so nasty.  Haven't found a RTD I like.  Bought a case of something at Costco, didn't like, so I added a scoop of Click and blended with ice.  With the shakes I usually get about 110 grams of protein a day.  Without the shakes I should still get enough.  Not buying protein powder would save me some money plus calories.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Daisydoo02
on 3/24/15 1:32 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

my centre was ok with us having protein shakes up to about a year post op then they really pushed getting your protein from food.  If you are eating lots of eggs, cheese, yougurt, beef, chicken, fish, etc you should be able to get your daily protein numbers in fine.  But if your centre/surgeon says drink shakes then that's the advice you should follow, every centre and every surgeon is so different. Good luck!

karenp8
on 3/24/15 3:49 am - Brighton, IL

My center was also okay with shakes for the first year but said that after that we should be able to get the protein we need from food. I eat protein for snacks and a good helping of protein every meal and do fine. The only time I don't is when I let carbs sneak in!

Dodgergirl27
on 3/24/15 2:21 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

My first job in high school was teaching pitching lessons to little  7 - 8 yr old girls (and the occasional hitting lesson).  Which is where I also learned, I had no patience for little people, lol.  Then in college I worked clinics for my school during the summers.  After college I temp'd at a construction company as a receptionist and oddly also was in charge of the drug testing program (which I learned was a big deal in the construction world).  No fast food jobs for me, but only b/c I applied and never got hired, lol.  

Time since surgery: 14 months

B - Sommersaults Crackers (I'm still scrounging for food, I will make it to the grocery store tonight if it kills me)

L - TBD

D - After the trip to the store, I will have some chicken strips, so I will be having those before I go out

W/V - On track

E - None planned, last nights 2 hr spin marathon just about killed me, so I'm taking it a little easy today.  Just lots of walking is planned

Have a great day everyone!

Navychic
on 3/24/15 3:14 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I like your posts and I always lurk cause you all say the funniest things, and I especially like your Photo Fridays, neat to put faces to names we hear over and over again.  

But this time had to reply, my first job was also McDonalds for one summer at 16 then school started and the next summer it was Burger King.  Ah well back then it seemed like a lot of money...

Take care & thanks for making me smile and all the great food ideas!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

karenp8
on 3/24/15 3:57 am - Brighton, IL

My first job was at Dairy Queen. I became quite proficient at making the little curls on top of the cones! Posting late today because I went down to get my hair colored early. Post op four days shy of 31 months and weight at 119. On track with vitamins and fluids. Here's the food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz salmon rollup and half cup of Brussels sprouts D 31/2 oz shrimp with 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt with granola. Exercise heading to the park now with Lily to do hopefully 3 miles but at least 2. Will also do treadmill program 6 at a faster pace and 20 minutes on the bike. Have a great day everyone! And I love the picture Anny!

teach2
on 3/24/15 9:07 am
RNY on 12/23/14

Like navy chic- I'm a voyer. I don't get on early enough to post a menu! But my first job was at a pharmacy but I needed a job that had flexible hours my senior year of high school- so McDonalds it was!

thank you all for the great food ideas. If I ever get my act together early enough I'll post too.

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

Most Active
Recent Topics