What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

lcraver
on 9/29/15 9:16 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Recipe looks yummy... keep 'em coming, girl!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

melissasue1982
on 9/29/15 12:21 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

This will be the first time making this recipe!  I am not really a fan of ricotta, but hopefully it wont bother me since its mixed in.....

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 9/29/15 7:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Geez, excuses, excuses, AV! Just kidding - hope you feel better.

Ladies, I was so happy to back at the post yesterday. It helped me feel so much more in control - especially when faced with the following on the counter outside my office: pizza, donuts, fudge, caramel corn. WTF staff?! Stop bringing in junk! I think I wouldn't be a very popular boss if I banned goodies - but daaaaaamn!

Time since surgery: 18 months

B: egg muffins, coffee with SF&FF creamer

S: more coffee (it's FREE COFFEE DAY - both Wawa and Dunkin are giving away coffee), Breakstone Cottage Cheese Double

L: 3oz chicken salad on a TJ's Reduced Carb Tortilla wrap, string cheese

S: 2oz deli ham, BabyBel Light - eeek! Maybe more coffee, putting it in just in case

D: Perdue Singles Jamaican Jerk Style chicken breast

S: TJ's Omega Trek Mix and a Chobani Tube

TOTALS: Calories 1096, Protein 108, Carbs 61, Fat 49

V/W: started

E: Sore to the Core Day 2, Body Pump tonight!

Do you guys know Alexa Jean Fitness? She has these fitness challenges, you buy the ebook of the moves, follow the program for however many days and BAM you get instant results (ok, that's that entirely true, but you get the picture). I'm doing the 30-day Sore to the Core Challenge right now and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's basically 5 exercises that you do in circuit, 3 times through. So this morning it was a 5-minute warm up - 13:30 minutes of the core exercises - and 5 minute-minute cool down. And let me tell you, my abs are already screaming, but in a good way.

My other plug is for the app Sworkit (I just use the free one). You tell if you want to do a strength/cardio/stretching/yoga workout and then how many minutes you want to do it and then it gives you moves. I used it for a guided 5 minutes stretch and it was amazing! Also, it syncs to MFP - score!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

melissasue1982
on 9/29/15 7:32 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Thanks for the workout suggestions!!  Now that I know Winter will be here in a short while, I will need more things I can do inside my house!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 9/29/15 7:59 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

They're both AWESOME resources, so far.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Queen JB
on 9/29/15 9:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I  have been impressed with Sworkit, too! Pretty great for a free app :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

peachpie
on 9/30/15 6:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm not sure if I want to thank you or curse you for putting me on to sworkit. I'd ambitiously set out to do full intensity cardio to start, 3 minutes did me in. I then set out to try 20 minutes of the beginner full body, got thru 13. I think I'll aim for 10 minutes twice a day. Glad I tried this at home since my pants were literally falling off of me. 

My son loves the app too... He's into exercise, not sure who he inherited that from.

karenp8
on 9/29/15 7:28 am - Brighton, IL

Cloudy day here in Illinois but Lily and I got our 3.2 miles in early anyway. Post op 3 years 3 weeks and weight at 120 today. On track with vitamins and fluids and will do 30 minutes on the bike this afternoon. Here's the food for the day: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken 1/2 c sauteed zuchini D 31/2 oz ribeye with 1/2 c squash S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day everyone full of amazing choices!

phibbmom
on 9/29/15 7:38 am

No worries!  I hope that you get better quickly!  Thanks everyone for urging me to change my avatar and actually helping me do it.  I wish I weren't so technically challenged!

B:  2 eggs, 1 slice pepper bacon

S:  1/2 protein shake

L:  Grilled Shrimp (mission bbq) and green beans

D:  steamed shrimp (see a theme here?), green beans

S:  1/2 protein shake

V/W:  started

Exercise:  not sure, hoping DH will come to the gym with me

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Capogirl
on 9/29/15 8:05 am

Yuck, headaches are no fun.  

Crazy busy day here, PM's out and calling me every 5 minutes for things I've already taken care of.   Trying to plan company Christmas party, this year it's for the kiddos.  Looking at Museum of Science or New England Aquarium. Last year party was for adults, we had it at Kings Bowling Alley, had a blast! 

Time since surgery:  5 months

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Leftover shaved steak, peppers & onions

D:  Roasted chicken, cauliflower and green beans

S:  L&F Key lime, babybel

Cals: 807  Carbs: 40  Protein: 98  Fat: 31

planning the company Christmas party.  This year it is a party for the kids, thinking of having it at the Musuem of Science or the New England Aquarium.  Event planning is my favorite part of my job.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 144 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?