What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 2/4/16 5:57 am

Oh and my grandfather named me Beth as my parents called me Betsy, he thought is sounded too old ladyish and my two older sisters had "Betsy Wetsy" dolls and had started calling me that.  My grandfather did not like that at all.

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 6:32 am, edited 2/3/16 10:35 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

My sister in law is Elizabeth and her parents called her Betsy when she was little.  she hates Betsy and now goes by Elizabeth or Liz.  She also hates the name Beth, lol.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 2/4/16 6:55 am
RNY on 07/17/14

My aunt's name is Betsy, named after actress Betsy Palmer.  She was in Mr. Roberts, but you may know her as the woman who played Jason's mother in Friday the 13th.  LMAO  She was born like 20 years before that movie came out, but she loves that little piece of trivia.

karenp8
on 2/4/16 5:57 am - Brighton, IL

My mother was very unimaginative when it came to naming me Karen Sue. My freshman year of college there were 4 other Karens on my floor. Another chilly day in Illinois but I am hoping it will be a bit warmer afternoon so Lily and I can walk our 3 miles at the park. Yesterday's walk got done on the treadmill at 7 pm when I finally got home. I wanted to sit down and relax in front of the TV but instead I got on the nasty treadmill. Busy day today with food pantry and laundry but I will walk and do the bike one way or another. Weight up a bit today at 123 but I suspect bathroom issues as I have stayed on plan. Here's the food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added  L 31/2 oz smoked sausage 1/2 c caprese salad D 31/2 oz lamb chop and 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt. Supper was last night's plan because I had leftover salad from Cracker Barrel for dinner last night. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

mamata2
on 2/4/16 6:36 am

Nasty treadmill indeed, but way to get it done!!

life_mirrors_art
on 2/4/16 9:04 am - Canada

Hi karenp8,

Do you measure your steel cut oats dry or after they have been cooked? Thanks.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

karenp8
on 2/4/16 3:45 pm - Brighton, IL

I measure them after they are cooked.  I make up a big batch ahead,measure my morning portion,add protein powder and peanut butter and heat and eat. I know they are a carb but I need the fiber and a small amount keeps me full until lunch. They do not make me crave other carbs and I avoid bread,pasta,rice and potatoes completely.

life_mirrors_art
on 2/4/16 4:00 pm - Canada

Thank you! I am trying the steel cut oats for breakfast since they are so satisfying and I really like the taste. I cooked up 1/2 cup of the oats (dry measure) the other day and the result was too much for one meal. It makes sense to measure them after cooking and to increase the protein content. I try to get most of my fiber from food too - frozen berries are my favourite source by far, but milled flax seed and avocado are right up there as well. I occasionally have a bit of rice or sweet potato, but steer clear of bread and pasta, as they are trigger foods for me.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 6:04 am

Hello all.

I don't even know why I'm telling you guys this. My name is Florencio Gary. I can hear snickers.... My Father was from Italy, and his brother Florencio was killed at 19 during the Korean conflict. So, his first born son gets his brothers name. It made me tough though. Alot of fights.

It was a lousy nights sleep for me. I guess I get to look forward to having good sleep tonight. My wife is too cute. The room has to be like 90 degrees at night now. For 17 years, I've slept in a freezer. Now, well you all know how cold we get.

B: 1 entire egg

L: beef stew 3oz.

D: ham 'handwich' pork rinds

E: crawling on my knees, begging for heat.

Have a great day! Stay safe and dry.

Capogirl
on 2/4/16 6:23 am

No snickering here, my grandfather was named Florence.