What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 2/4/16 6:34 am - Brighton, IL

No snickering here. Both of my son's have unusual names that came from family members too. The oldest was Rudolph Augustus called Rudy un less he was in trouble and Samuel Ells. All names with family meaning,

mamata2
on 2/4/16 6:37 am

I highly recommend investing in an electric blanket!!  Saved my marriage ;)

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 8:10 am
RNY on 08/04/15

At least you have the family connection with your name.  I fear I may have doomed my youngest son with his name. It is Kaladin Elias. The name had three meanings for my husband and me. 

Kaladin is the protagonist from The Stormlight Archive by our favorite author Brandon Sanderson.  We took his middle name from a character from the Wheel of time fantasy seies. We HAD to have a middle name that started with EL because when his first and middle names are shortened it is Kal-El. 

Nerds 4 life!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 10:27 am

GENIUS, GENIUS, GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 11:22 am
RNY on 08/04/15

He sure is a "Super" kid. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

danie11e
on 2/4/16 6:18 am

Good Morning!

Feeling pretty "meh" today. Still have a dull lingering headache and work has been incredibly stressful this week with hard deadlines for big projects. It's seems like when it rains it pours. Such is life :) next week will be better

My middle name is Mae. I desperately wish that when I changed my name when I got married that I made my maiden name my middle name. My middle name is after someone in my moms side of the family who is a total a-hole and my life is better without them in it. I've contemplated paying the court fees to change it, but it's really more of a time issue. Haha enough of my little rant...

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: Turkey Chorizo Egg Muffin, LC light Swiss wedge
S1: Ellie Quark Yogurt
L: Monster Muscle
S2: TJ Brie Bit, beef stick
D: TJ Italian Turkey Sausage
S3: Light & Fit Greek Crunch
E: Gym

Cal: 960 Protein: 74 Carb: 62 Fat: 41

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 6:25 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning gang. I am so wiped out. So my kid slept through the night last night, but I did not sleep well at all. I couldn't fall asleep at all, and then I woke up repeatedly throughout the night. I feel like I didn't sleep at all. I seriously considered calling in sick today, but I always feel guilty when I do. After having to be so tight with my PTO for the last few years because of my health issues and then the surgery, I don't skip work at all. I'm feeling burned out. My therapist tells me I need to worry less about other people and take better care of myself, and I've definitely been trying to do that, but still feel myself falling back into the habit of being here because of other people when I should be taking care of me. Sorry for the rambling, I am feeling a bit loopy from lack of sleep. I have a week vacation scheduled for the first week of April, and next weekend we have a 3 day weekend for Presidents Day. I'm thinking of taking the kids down to the Detroit Science Center on President's day.

My name is Deanna Marie, which is one of the most common middle names there is. My mother named me after Deanna Durbin, the actress. My dad wanted to name me Deborah, but mom pushed for Deanna because she really liked the name. You'd think that Deanna would be uncommon, and it usually is more so than names like Jessica or Jennifer, but I went to school with 2 other girls named Deanna, so it's not that uncommon.

Today is my 6 month surgiversary. I'd be super excited if I wasn't so damn tired today. My weight is slowing coming down and I'm trying very hard to stick to plan. I feel like I've gone from the hare to the tortoise, lol. I just charted my loss in a spreadsheet and it really made me feel better. The loss has slowed down, but as long as I stick to plan.

Plan:

B: Pizza Quiche, coffee with cream and splenda

L: Salad with shredded mozz and albacore, skinny girl dressing

D: the infamous pork loin chops that I keep not cooking because they don't sound good. I have to cook them tonight or they will go bad. Steamed carrots. Last night I ended up making an omelete with spinach, bacon and feta, and my numbers were very similar to what they would have been if I had my pork and carrots

S: Light and Fit Greek Key Lime, Turkey Pepperoni and a cheese stick

Totals:

Calories 681 Protein 77 Carbs 31 Fat 31

I'll likely go grab another coffee from Tim Horton's this afternoon, it's a block from the office and I really need it today.

hteadtbear
on 2/4/16 8:42 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Happy surgiversary!!!

hteadtbear
on 2/4/16 9:07 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Do you make the Pizza Quiche?  Recipe?

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 9:38 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I make it,  but this recipe is just okay. I used some ricotta as filler and don't really care for the texture it brings.  I will post the recipe later when I get home,  but I'll likely change it next time by halving the ricotta and adding more turkey pepperoni.