What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 4/26/16 5:48 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I started it last night, and even though the first section is about deciding if surgery is right for you, there have already been things that have made me think, did this lady write this book with ME in mind?!?!?  HAHA

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

MassHockey
on 4/25/16 7:56 am

A couple years after college graduation, I met up with one of my college roommates.  He had just lost his job and was struggling a bit, but we were young so it didnt matter much.  He told me, "it's occurred to me that you can judge success by the number of keys you have on your keyring".  He then produced his key ring with a single key on it.  He said "its the key to my mothers house....that's how well I'm doing."  We laugh about that to this day.

stacyrg
on 4/25/16 9:17 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  The weekend was filled with sadness.  My beloved LA Kings were eliminated from the Stanley Cup.  I was clothed in black all weekend.  On the bright side, it means I can focus on Baseball and I'm going to my first game of the season tonight.  I see a Dodger Dog (without the bun) in my future . . . either that or carne asada tacos.  The other crappy thing is it seems like my acid is getting worse and I'm very close to raising the white flag of surrender and booking my revision surgery.  You guys, I can't even tell you how torn I am about this decision.  I don't want more surgery, yet I'm tired of getting reflux from breathing air.  Ugh . . . I have an appt. with my primary care doctor today.  My surgeon told me he's talked to her and she's up to date, so it should be an interesting appointment.  I'll leave there. Down a PPI and a Zantac and head to the stadium.  It's bobble head night, so we need to get there on time!

KQOTD - I actually have 3 key rings.  My car has keyless entry/start.  That "key" is on a leather elephant key ring from Coach and has just the big key thing, and my Cardio Barre membership card thing on it.  My house keys are on a leather daisy Coach key ring and have just my keys to the front and back door.  Finally my work keys is on a leather dog key ring from Coach (I had a Coach key fob obsession for a while) and have the electronic fob to gain access to the building before and after hours, the key to our suite and the key to the bathroom.

Here's my plan:

B: ground turkey (1.8 oz) 1 egg, pesto and cheese

L: Grilled chicken breast (4.5 oz)

D: Dodger Dog or Carne Asada Tacos

S: Light and Fit, Skinny Vanilla Latte (It's double star day at Starbucks, so I feel compelled to go)

Totals:  Cal. 904 (including dodger dog) Protein: 91g; Fat: 43g; carbs 30g

Emiepie
on 4/25/16 10:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have fun at the game!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/25/16 11:25 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I don't know how you deal with the acid all the time!  But I totally understand you being apprehensive about a revision. 

I have had "heartburn" last night and today, and when I threw up last night (weird case of the slimies) there looked to be blood in it.  Just UGH, I guess its good I have the endoscopy scheduled already for next month.

stacyrg
on 4/25/16 12:03 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Yes!  Definitely good you scheduled the endoscopy, particularly if you're starting to throw up blood.  It's about time you got to the bottom of your troubles.  When is the endoscopy again?  I'm lucky, I've only thrown up once since my surgery 2 years ago and it was definitely acid related, not food.  That's one of the reasons I'm so hesitant.  My Dr. confirmed I have an anatomically perfect sleeve and it doesn't give me a single bit of trouble.  uggh. 

Hope you feel better soon!!!

melissasue1982
on 4/25/16 12:09 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

May 20th, so I still have a bit of a wait.  I keep waffling between, was it blood or maybe just from the crystal light I had drank. 

I am in NO WAY the norm though, I don't hear many with my "issues". 

Dcgirl
on 4/25/16 9:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi AV and all - sorry you had a ****ty weekend :(  I used to grind my teeth at night and I got a bite guard and apparently I would throw it across the room in the night LOL.  I would literally wake up and it was 15 feet away from me.  So I quit using it.

All of you with these massive keychains!  You must take things off immediately, if you drive a car.  Having all of that weight hanging from your ignition is terrible.  I used to work for a car company if you can't tell ;)

I flew down to NC yesterday morning to visit with my parents, brother, niece, grandma and aunt.  What a wonderful day.  We shopped, we visited, we told stories.  I didn't eat terribly but for some dessert last night.  My mom made my favorite salmon cakes (my request) and I plan to eat them for every leftover meal possible!

B: Coffee with half and half, Salmon pattie

L: Salmon pattie

S: Hard-boiled egg

D: Bojangles fried chicken (have to bring dinner to my brothers and everyone wants chicken, it's not too terrible in actuality)

E: None.  I hate being off my game while traveling ugh

Totals: I logged a biscuit since that might happen - 1,300 calories, 100 g protein, 95 g carbs

Can y'all believe my luck?  I am having dinner with Grim, Juniper Berry and NY Mom on Sunday!  Pics to come on Monday!

mschwab
on 4/25/16 9:40 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Jealous!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Grim_Traveller
on 4/25/16 9:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Emily is the hub of our universe.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active