What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Patty R.
on 1/12/17 5:19 am, edited 1/11/17 9:19 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Morning!  Even the brown snow is gone, just squishy and wet   :(

QOTD: I have always had an odd body image that is consistent. In my younger, slim days I thought I was fat so that's what I saw in the mirror. As years went by, I actually looked how I felt. Then, as my weight sky-rocketed, I wore the baggy look and believed that body was still under those baggy clothes. Reality hit when I was vacationing and the bathroom was full of mirrors. Stepping out of the shower, there were no more baggy clothes to hide the truth. That was a real slap up side the head, but I am still struggling now and probably always will.

Maybe someday they can work on our brains too!

Menu replay of yesterday, worked out well

17 weeks post-op

B: Coffee w/ sf hazelnut coffee-mate, scrambled egg w/ salsa  

L: shrimp

D: Petite sirloin oven roast

S: protein chicken broth

Cal:637     Prot: 81    Carb:15

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

ttfan
on 1/12/17 5:21 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Raining and warm here, losing the high snowbanks like crazy!!!!

I can tell I lost weight in my face, I wear much smaller clothes now but I still have a long way to go. My husband tells me all the time that I am getting small, but I don't really see it yet.

Breakfast
Egg, 1 large
Bacon, 2 pieces
Eggs White
Lunch
Skinless Chicken Thigh, 3 oz
Homemade Cauliflower Mash, 0.5 cup
Dinner
Beef Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast 3 oz
Shrimps,

Totals cal 557 carbs 5 WOOHOO!! Pro 77

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Brandi Girl
on 1/12/17 5:24 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Morning Everyone! Hope your husband and you both begin to feel better very soon Daisydoo2! We had the best thunderstorm last night we have had in 6 months! I say best because I love them! Most the snow gone now, just hoping the temps stay above freezing until things dry up to avoid the ice. 

QOTD: I do struggle with the mind body connection for sure. I always dress in things that are over sized for my size. I just feel more comfortable in them. Probably because that is the way I dressed when I was MO. Shirts that were more of tents than fashion of any kind. One odd thing I did find is that on those few occasions when I was at my lowest and thought I must have looked like an "itty bitty thing" when I seen photo's of myself I was disappointed to see I only actually looked "average". I felt so much smaller than I looked! I guess because I had never felt my body at that size before. So to me, I was "itty bitty". It did and does make me sad. I had a goal weight of 125-130 (I'm 5'1") but now realize I could and would need to go lower too be as small as I would really like to be.

B:coffee

L: parmesan asparagus and chicken breast

D: chicken stew

One Bad Beach
on 1/12/17 7:38 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Parmesan asparagus sounds delightful!!!! 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

catwoman7
on 1/12/17 5:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

DD2 - I meant to say the other day that I noticed you're eating Liberte yogurt now - great stuff!!  I should pick some up again (it's been awhile....)

QOTD:  There are some days I still think I look fat - and other days I catch an unexpected glimpse of myself in a mirror and am surprised at how thin I look.   However, in my mind I was never 373 lbs (my highest weight), either.  I'd see pictures of myself and be shocked at huge I was.  It seems my brain and my body were closest in alignment when I was in the 200-250 range.  Not sure why that range, but I seemed to see myself as myself when I was in that range.

off to Iowa either today or tomorrow.  My 45-year-old cousin is in a diabetic coma (she has a really severe case - Type 1 and Type 2 - she's had to go to the Mayo Clinic for treatment in the past since the people at her local hospital weren't sure what to do with her anymore).   Anyway, her sister is flying in from DC this morning, and she's really, really upset (understandably).  So off I go...  I hope this turns out well..

B:  Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries

S:  coffee with half and half, double SF protein mocha latte

L:  the rest of the day depends on whether or not I leave for Iowa today or tomorrow, but I think African chickpea spinach soup either way for lunch

D:  if I'm here, then leftover cassoulet.  If I'm in Iowa, something bariatric friendly

probably another Greek yogurt later

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daffodilgirl
on 1/12/17 5:36 am

Safe travels and praying for a good outcome! 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Patty R.
on 1/12/17 5:53 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

prayers for your cousin...

lizz122964
on 1/12/17 6:27 am

Safe travels 

Emiepie
on 1/12/17 6:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Travel safe and I will be thinking of you. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/12/17 8:01 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Sending good thoughts your way. ~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS