What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 1/12/17 12:28 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Oven fried fish sounds so good! Do you bread it? How long do you cook it?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

CJ On Orcas
on 1/12/17 8:47 am, edited 1/12/17 1:18 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning DD2 and gang!

QOTD:  I have been shopping over the holidays, as all I wanted was money for clothes.  Three times now I have gone into Macy's and found myself in the plus size section.  Last time my daughter came to get me and said "mom, you don't shop here anymore..." so we went over to the regular (!) section.  Several times she would hold up something and I would actually cringe.  Too form fitting.  Too bright.  Too young.  My comfort zone is loose clothes, although every time I wear something fitting I get tons of compliments.  I am actually afraid to wear something that shows my shape.  And still stuck on black, because as a MO person it was drilled into my head to "blend in".  Also, when I look in the mirror I look about the same... before surgery I did not think I was as large as I was, now I do not think I am as small as I am.  I hope that changes some day.

B:  Premier Protein chocolate with coffee

L:  Yoplait Protein blueberry

D:  Spinach lasagna

S:  babybel x2

Totals:  617 calories 72 protein 30 carbs 25 fat

Patches on!  Have a great day everyone.  I will be planning my CAMAW menu!  (are there past menu posts?) **edited to add I found the August AMAW menu thread... ready now!

pammieanne
on 1/12/17 11:29 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Because I shop at Goodwill, and other thrift shops, I force myself to try on all kinds of crazy things... and then sometimes I just really like it. But my personality dictates some wild and crazy things for me, period. 

Maybe go and buy a couple of shirts that are slightly fitted, in a color or pattern you'd never consider... and wear them around the house. Take pictures of yourself in the 'out of comfort zone' clothes, with your face covered up, and see what you think. If you buy these 'outlandish' clothes on the super-cheap, you won't fret over not wearing them too much... and you never know, you just might find you like something new!

I had to force myself to buy a few 'staple' shirts in black, white, ivory, etc... just to have for certain outfits... I'm really having fun with all of the colors and patterns now!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Insert Fitness
on 1/12/17 1:04 pm

love this advice. 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

NYMom222
on 1/12/17 9:15 am, edited 1/12/17 1:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: Definitely still see the 'fat girl' in the mirror many days. Or when I am sitting down, when your rolls tend to show, or your thighs spread out- I am like- 'not that thin' in my mind. I am 5'11" tall and wear size 6 jeans. That is thin.(hear that crazy body dysmorphic mind? That is thin!)  Right now I am wearing an XS Target Ultimate T. I generally wear a small top...unless they are too short or not big enough in the chest- then a Medium.... Sometimes if they are too short I just don't get them, because when I switch to the larger size they just don't fit right....  I own a bikini for the first time in my life, and realize they are so comfortable to wear swimming and hanging out by the pool...but it has never been seen by anyone but me....

Yes the imposter mindset is still here, and also the great fear of regain.... healthy fear I think in many ways...people don't get it, they are all like- you are doing so great... but the struggle is real. They think I took the magic pill and this is easy...

B: Latte w/fairlife and miralax, Chocolate chai latte Yesterday was a 3 latte day..today decided to do my chai latte in AM as well... think it will be a 3 latte day as well, distracting myself from my arm pain with lattes. (Pain flare up from car accident)
Protein Shake TBD

L: tuna melt on flat out bread

D: Steak, spinach

Snacks: Babybel, Chicken, yogurt

Save

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

stacyrg
on 1/12/17 9:19 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning everyone.  I tried something new today and took my TRX class in the morning instead of at night.  We'll see if it energizes me or makes me sleepy!  A request for you all, if you've had an incisional hernia, can you please tell me what your symptoms were?  Thanks!

DQOTD - I think I've brought this up, but I have horrible issues with this.  I still see myself as SMO when I look in the mirror.  I wear a size 0-2 jeans and still grab a 10 or bigger when I go shopping because I look at the smaller size and don't believe they'll fit.  If people ask me if i've lost more weight I always say "no."  If people comment on how "fit" I am, I argue with them.  I did it yesterday when I referred to myself as the size of a small tree.  I'm trying very hard to deal with this problem (short of therapy).  When people give me a compliment, I'm trying to just say "thank you," instead of "thank you, but . . ."  I'm trying to wear the smaller size shirts (that in my mind are too short/tight and show off my rolls) instead of buying the mediums, where I'm more comfortable even though everyone tells me they look sloppy.  It is a daily struggle.  I do believe that post surgery therapy should be mandatory, because in some ways, the mind issues are way more difficult than losing the weight in the first place.

Plan:

B: 1 graham cracker with .5 tbs of peanut butter (on the way to the gym), 3.8 oz ham (at work)

L:  4 oz chicken breast, 1/3 c cauliflower rice with a spoonful of mushroom soup (for moisture)

D: ???

S: Skinny latte, 1/2 a quest bar (I ran out of sliced turkey) most likely somersaults 

No totals since I have no idea what's in my house to eat for dinner.  My calories will likely be around 1000 with protein close to 100g and carbs under 50g

Grim_Traveller
on 1/12/17 9:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The size of a small tree? You mean, like a bonsai, right?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

stacyrg
on 1/12/17 9:52 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thanks, but no.  In my head, I'm a small oak.

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/12/17 12:57 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

You are TINY!  I am a tree. 

Oh...crap

We are pretty close to the same weight and height. 

Hmmmm Maybe we are both tiny and just can't see it? 

Weird huh?

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

stacyrg
on 1/12/17 1:00 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Or we're both trees . . .

Or maybe we have skewed views of reality . . .