The dreaded weight gain

Mo Diggity
on 1/6/18 7:41 pm, edited 1/6/18 8:53 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Wow, lots of new faces on here !! I've been debating for a about a week now if I wanted to post, or just lurk lol... mostly out of embarrassment. I had RNY back in 2013, did really well and SWORE I wouldn't be one of the ones who fell back into regain. I was wrong

I don't even understand how I let it go for this long !! Denial, I guess. I am SO embarrassed to come back here and admit my failure that I regained about 50 lbs over the past few years. I gained some weight, got back on track (shortly), fell off the wagon, gained some more weight, got back on track (shortly), fell off the wagon, again and again. I feel like I blew my big chance.

I can say that I have been doing very well this week, and lost about 2 1/2 pounds the past few days, eating tons of protein, no junk, weighing every ounce and logging everything into my fitness pal. But this is the easy part for me, a jumpstart out of the starting gate... I just need to become better for the long road ahead !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Stitch83
on 1/6/18 9:23 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

I am not much help on the suggestions for getting back to it as I am still pre-op but just wanted to let you know it's inspiring to me that you are hopping back on and committing to losing again. Re-gain is a big fear of mine and it is good to see how people handle it. Good luck in tackling it again!

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

Mo Diggity
on 1/7/18 5:55 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Thanks Stitch !! Good luck to you !!!

The Salty Hag
on 1/6/18 11:13 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Mo! I was actually thinking about you a couple of days ago!! Welcome back!

Losing the regain will be harder, but it's totally doable. You haven't blown your one big chance. By stopping the carby snacking and by being diligent in weighing/measuring my portions, I've managed to lose most of the regain I had. I mostly just eat protein, and most of my carbs come from dairy foods. I still love my cheese!

Posting on the menu thread may be a help to being held accountable in your eating. I'm not a regular poster on that particular thread, but I know it helps many people.

You can do this.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Mo Diggity
on 1/7/18 5:37 pm, edited 1/7/18 9:48 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Hey Audrey !! Yeah, I'm not giving up my cheeses either lol.... I just made a tomato, onion, and feta omelette for dinner - yummmma

It's funny you mentioned the menu thread, those are the posts I started checking out last week to get ideas again !! It's hard sometimes, cuz I don't like steak, or any kind of meat really... so chicken, turkey and fish can get kinda get boring lol. I need some new twists !!

peachpie
on 1/7/18 2:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Logging on and being an active part here will help you immensely. It's like they say with WW, those who attend meetings are more successful, I always found it to be true. Embarrassment probably perpetuated the denial cycle- good for not giving it any more power.

I always worry for those who swear they've lost the weight 'forever'. I get the good intention, but the forever they see today is a whole lot different and more challgeigg then the forever they actually experience.

All the best.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Mo Diggity
on 1/7/18 5:48 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Thanks Peach !!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/7/18 3:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Mo! You don't write, you don't call!!??

Don't ever be embarrassed. We're all here for a reason, and we all get it. It's good to see you here, regardless.

You've done it before, you can do it again. Oe day at a time. Keep checking in with us. Let us know what you've been up to.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mo Diggity
on 1/7/18 5:38 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Grim, How the hell are ya ?! I kept meaning to call !!

karenp8
on 1/7/18 5:21 am - Brighton, IL

So good to see you back here,Mo! I truly believe this place has been key to me keeping my weight off so I'm on here many times each day unless hubby and I are traveling and without internet. I post everyday I can on the menu post because planning and accountability are both key to my keeping obesity at bay. I'm almost 51/2 years out but the food demons are still there. I just tamp the sugar addict Karen down every day and make one good choice at a time. Truth be told,many times I'd rather make the bad choice but by reminding myself of where I came from I just do what I need to do. Weigh and log everything,get rid of the tempting carbs and keep posting here and you can take it off. Welcome back!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views