What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 1/20/18 7:48 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sorry about your husband. I had a torn labrum in my shoulder a few years ago. The key to recovery was doing my PT religiously. Hang in there with him!

mschwab
on 1/20/18 9:18 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Sorry about your husband. Torn rotator cuff surgery is a bummer. Remember to take care of yourself too! Hugs.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

MsTwinkles
on 1/20/18 6:05 am
RNY on 01/16/17

Good Saturday Morning Menu Peeps,

DH and I really love to go camping and we're planning on going to an R V show this afternoon. We're about ten years shy of retirement, so we're not quite ready to buy an RV, but it sure is fun to window shop!

QOTD: I follow the winter Olympics and love watching hockey. If I were going to compete it would probably be in a sport like curling.

Menu:

B: Cottage cheese with diced tomato

L: Turkey and cheese roll ups and a side salad

S: Not sure yet - something protein forward

D: Venison roast - just put it in the crock pot

Accountability yesterday was really good. Posting here and using myfitnesspal to chart my food is really helping to keep me on track (and honest).

Have a terrific Saturday everyone!

Patty R.
on 1/20/18 6:30 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Hello

QOTD: Figure skating for sure! Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill were my heroes in my teens. I belonged to a figure skating club and took lessons. Alas, a knee injury dashed my "career" LOL

Menu

B: coffee w/sf creamer, egg and left over meatloaf(smashed like hash)

L: shrimp

D: baked haddock

S: baby carrots w/greek yogurt dip

Cal: 779 Prot: 97 Carb: 13

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

catwoman7
on 1/20/18 7:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

same here - I skated every day until I took a spill while showing off and ended up a bloody mess. That was that for my skating career!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ScottAndrews
on 1/20/18 6:38 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Winter Olympic sports are sorta nuts. Biathlon? In case you're unfamiliar that's where they cross-county ski and then stop and shoot a rifle. Huh?

And curling? Come on that's basically frozen shuffleboard.

Librarian67
on 1/20/18 6:58 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I have already been to the dentist and gotten my tooth implant and then while I was still numb, we went to Trader Joe's for the week. I like to do some swimming and Aqua Zumba on Saturdays but I think I'm going to be a bum and stay under the covers today. It is such a pretty day and supposed to get up to 55 so maybe a short walk if I feel up to it.

QOTD: I don'****ch much TV but I may watch some of the hockey games and ice skating. We used to play street hockey when I was in school so I enjoy the hockey particularly.

Menu: It is up in the air depending what I can eat with my tooth. I started with a hard boiled egg and turkey bacon, but we'll see after that. I will get in some protein shakes and lots of fluids though.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

peachpie
on 1/20/18 7:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning Pouch Pals! I've been on my run, it was great. Cold but finally not frigid, sunny and I had quiet a few 'cheerleaders' as I ran.

Today I'll be taking my son to the mall for jeans. I also need to replace my placemats for the kitchen. That's all for today- already went grocery shopping yesterday.

Qotd: nope don't follow the Olympics. I mean it when I say I hate sports. All of them!

Accountability: fine. I decided I want to focus more on maintaining my weight at my preferred BMI (30-31). It'll keep me in a range of #'s w/o me spazzing out over the fluctuations. I suppose I could use an acceptable range of #'s, but BMI forces broader look at things IMO.

205.5 today 32.7 BMI, 2.8 Years out

m1: 1 egg/egg white, turkey bacon 3 slices, cheese stick, English muffin

m2: ?? Yogurt maybe

m3: curry chiken, salad

m4: pork chops, broccoli

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Librarian67
on 1/20/18 7:50 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Glad you were able to run.

catwoman7
on 1/20/18 8:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Made it to yoga early this morning, now I'm lying in bed with my elderly cat (age 18+ - we don't really know for sure, other than we got her almost 18 years ago, and she was already an adult). She's had IBD and arthritis for awhile. The last couple of days I've noticed that she really smells - it smells like cat urine that's been sitting around for awhile - and she's shedding like crazy. She pretty much lives in our bedroom these days because some of the younger cats pick on her, so it was easy to check all the surfaces she lies on. None of them smell. Either she's developed kidney problems and isn't flushing out the toxins (and they're coming through her skin), or maybe her arthritis has gotten worse so she's having a hard time keeping clean? (this might explain all the fur we've been combing out of her, too - tons of it - maybe she can't really groom herself anymore). I hope that's what it is as kidney problems are pretty much a death sentence. We've been through that several times before. Anyway, I could not stop worrying about her while I was in yoga, and when I came home, she was sleeping in this little cardboard box that she loves and hadn't touched her breakfast. Ugh. But then about a half hour ago she got up on the bed and is now lying across my chest (making it hard to type...), and she did eat about half her breakfast. So at least she's not dying or anything. She has her semi-annual physical on Monday, so I guess it's safe to wait until then, as long as she's eating. Sorry for the long story!!

not much on the agenda today. We'll probably go out for coffee now that I know Ruthie seems OK, and we'll head to the gym after that.

QOTD: I don'****ch TV at all, including the Olympics, but I've caught parts of the figure skating in the past. If I was in the Olympics, I'd want to be a figure skater. In fact, that was my dream as a child, but I stopped skating abruptly after an injury (I was about 11 years old).

2 years 7 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blackberry/blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: chili with shredded cheese

AS: raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip

D: pulled pork and salad

might have a L&F yogurt or a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie this evening if I get hungry and IF I can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163