What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

yvonnef1964
on 3/22/18 7:48 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I was supposed to take a friend shopping this morning but she called and reschedule for this afternoon.

Accountability had a protein bar before bed.

Qotd I just got done watching Reign on Netflix. Also recommended Heart to Hart and When calls the heart.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L chicken tenders

D corned beef, cabbage and carrots

Have a good day

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/22/18 8:34 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Going for my one week follow up from surgery today. Hoping I get this JP drain out. Thats the only place I have pain.

QOTD: it's not on Netflix but on YouTube actually. It's this British series called Supersized vs Superskinny. The show basically takes an obese person and a underweight person and makes them switch diets for a few days. Along the way they teach what their style of eating is doing to their bodies. It's very interesting actually. In the later seasons they actually send the obese people to America to spend 2 days with someone who is worse off.

B: protein shake

L: yogurt

D: depends if I get released to soft foods.

E: walking

W&V

conazza
on 3/22/18 8:35 am
RNY on 09/23/16

Hello Everyone,

We had a snow day yesterday and got exactly NO SNOW! So irritating. My groups are getting ready for a competition and we didn't need a day off. Oh well.. life moves on.

Accountability: Right on track yesterday! 2lbs of my weekend gain are off and 1 more to go.

QOTD: I am not a netflix person so I can't participate. I really only watch HGTV and sometime TLC but that's it.

B: coffee with premier protein

S: prosciutto

L: lite salami and mozz

S: volpi roll

D: sirloin

calories 903, protein 113, carbs 13, fat 46

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

CarlRay
on 3/22/18 10:14 am, edited 3/22/18 3:14 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! This week has been amazing for getting on the bike for the commute. I find that, though it's only a 15-20 minute ride each way, my heart rate gets higher and I work harder than when I walk the 70 minutes each way. I look outside and I just want to be out there riding in it, lol....

Tomorrow is my 1-year appointment (a few weeks late, but close enough). I'm looking forward to it. I had a very concerning phone call yesterday, from my family doctor. With the bloodwork for this appointment, the clinic ordered an EKG as part of their work-up. It revealed an anomaly which may indicate that at some point, I've actually had a heart attack. I wouldn't be able to tell you when, never felt anything like the typical symptoms that I recall, they just said "at some point in the past". You can guess how I felt about that phone call and how the rest of my day went. Much the same today, I'm distracted to say the least. I'm frustrated, annoyed and even a bit angry that this is the case; I've put in 5 years of good work on my lifestyle including this surgery, I'm active daily, don'd drink or smoke, don't use drugs and I've put in a good effort to right the ship. It's upsetting to learn of something like this, but I've got an appointment with a cardiologist to see what's going on. This is one more reason I'm thankful for the WLS I've done. Without this workup, I'd never have had the EKG and if this turns out to be something, I'd have never known possibly until it's too late. So I'm running with that notion and not worrying about things beyond my control. I eat right, take my vitamins, get rest the best I can, exercise with my commute and at the gym, and maintain my healthy lifestyle overall. I have and will continue to jump through whatever hoops the medical field puts forth and do my best. It still bugs me though.

Menu: B: Protein bar and my coffee. MS: 1/2 cup ff greek yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberries. I mixed in a splenda packet this time. L: 1 cup of my wife's homemade shepherd's pie (extra beef). AS: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles mixed in. S: Unknown but probably same as lunch because there are a lot of leftovers this time. ES: Nothing but decaf and/or water.

QOTD: I've enjoyed a few shows on Netflix and the fire stick. Breaking Bad, Happy Endings, Arrested Development, Suits, Naked and Afraid, Law and Order SVU, and a bunch of others. I usually don'****ch a ton of TV shows, but those are a few.

Au_Contraire
on 3/22/18 1:01 pm

Sorry to read this, but I'm glad you are going to see a cardiologist. It is strange that you were told that, yet you had no symptoms. If accurate, it must have been a very small incident! Hopefully you will get some answers. You have made such a steadfast, serious commitment to your good health. Whatever was is in the past, and there is every reason to expect and enjoy your vitality and longevity from here on out! Keep us posted.

CarlRay
on 3/22/18 1:35 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I will.

It is very weird. I've had aches and pains and such, but the "usual symptoms"? Nothing. I'm good with whatever the cardiologist says to do though. All I can do is my best at what I can control. Hopefully it turns up as nothing. If it's something, that's just the next thing on the list I suppose.

:)

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/18 3:37 pm

Good luck to you. Try not to get too stressed and hopefully nothing. I had gone to a new primary doctor after not having one for 3 to 3.5 years (he moved away). So I go to a new doctor who I finally found with excellent reviews etc. he takes one listen to my heart and tells me I have a pronounced murmur! No one ever told me this before! I said NO NO I don't all flipped out!!! He is concerned and immediately does an EKG tells me it is abnormal too! Puts hand on my shoulder and says don't worry... stop drinking anything caffeinated and going to get you a Echocardiogram ASAP. Takes a freaking week to get one and all normal! Told it was just a fluke or something! Whole week thought I felt chest pains woke up choking couple times lol! Mind can do crazy things when think you are dying! My husband was ready to kill me! I was thinking I needed open heart surgery! A long week! I still am concerned about what he heard but says Echocardiogram fine don't worry. It will be interesting to see if there next time. Did not set time to see me again. Blood pressure and cholesterol great.

Maybe yours will be the same. You had an Echocardiogram? Is that what showed the heart attack? Scary I am sure don't let your head go nuts like me!!! I am Irish/Hungarian .... my mom 100% Irish and a crazy worrier! Hungarian side Dad calm, cook and collected! I got the worry gene unfortunately

cc583
on 3/22/18 10:42 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Accountability: 100% on plan

QOTD: I don't have Netflix

B: 2eggs, 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/2 TJ's chili lime chicken burger

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 1/2 oz prosciutto di parma, 1 1/2 oz turkey breast

D: 2 oz pork tenderloin, 2oz keilbasa, 1/3C broccoli rabe

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals:680, Carbs: 8, Protein:92

Enjoy the rest of your day everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Au_Contraire
on 3/22/18 12:37 pm

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!

I'm still deep in unpacking mode here. There are boxes everywhere, but bit by bit I'm settling in. It's rainy and chilly up here today, but signs of spring are everywhere! I saw a fat red-breasted robin yesterday!

QOTD: I'm catching up on Season 2 of The Crown. Feeling nostalgic for a bit of grandeur in the country, so I may revisit Downton Abbey next.

First: Tea with cashew milk, 19 ounces, the first of at least 5 today.

B: Filet mignon, smoked gouda

L: Turkey

D: shrimp

Have a beautiful day!

Amy Liz
on 3/22/18 3:18 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Love, love, LOVED The Crown!! Downton is a favorite also. Have you watched Victoria (pbs also)?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active