The Jumbled Pre-Surgery Brain

Sheila H.
on 5/16/18 7:55 am, edited 5/16/18 7:56 am
RNY on 05/21/18

I know ya'll know what this is like...

My surgery is Monday the 21st. So, like in 5 days. The amount of work my BRAIN is going through is unreal. I'm NOT READY! I mean, CRAP! I need to get to Walgreens and get some Colace, GasX and gauze pads! How can I not have these things already!?! I'm obviously such a slacker! I must not be serious about this surgery!! And my house is a MESS! I have to clean it before surgery! And bathe the dogs! And cook some meals for my hubby. OMG! I don't have a nightgown to wear at the hospital!!!!

I've had 2 lap bands that have failed me. This is my 3rd WLS - OMG! What if it doesn't work!? It's not gonna work... I'm going to have the surgery, eat like a bird and I'm still going to be huge. It won't work. I'm going to be in pain for nothing. But, I'll be off work for a while...so, that's kinda cool.

OMG! WORK! I'm missing so much work! What if they forget about me and realize they don't need me?? What if a bunch of stuff happens while I'm gone and I miss out? What if they change the codes?

What if the surgery DOES work!? Then I need ALL NEW CLOTHES! How will I find the time to shop for more clothes? And underwear! And shoes! I need stuff before I go back to work! OMG...work. I wonder how many emails I'll have after being out for 4 weeks...???

What about the SKIN!? Do I start saving for that surgery NOW or do I hope I can get insurance to pay for it by sticking raw chicken and coffee grounds in my folds and hope that it rots enough to cause some kind of skin issues that the insurance will then have to pay for?

I need to get to Walgreens. I should go wash my car too before surgery. I really should also wash that random blanket in the guest room no one uses before surgery - just because.

I should shave. I really should shave. Should I get a pedicure? OMG..I'm a yeti. I should shave.

....This was just the last 3 minutes....

::: sigh :::

Sheila_H
on 5/16/18 8:14 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Breathe....one step at a time.

Remember when you were upset because you didn't know if you would be approved? You got approved and now you have your surgery date. Enjoy the ride.

Hubby is a grown man, not only he can fend for himself, he might actually surprise you and pitch in for all the stuff you think you need to do.

Just breathe....

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Sheila H.
on 5/16/18 8:27 am
RNY on 05/21/18

I'm breathin', girl! I'm breathin'! Oh, I don't HAVE to do any of that stuff... my brain just tells me to! LOL! Hubby is amazing and has already said that I don't need to worry about a single thing... my brain just says otherwise! So much anxious, nervous, exciting energy... it's not often you know when your life is going to change forever :-)

MichelleS61
on 5/16/18 9:47 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Slow down take a deep breath and relax, I know it's hard to tell your mind that, but in a few weeks you'll be like me wearing baggy clothes cause you don't want to buy new ones yet, trying on the new pair of pants you bought at the end of the season a few years ago and gained weight before that season rolled around again, only to find you must have missed that size last week, cause now they're baggy too. You'll go out for dinner order the small size "senior special" put half aside and still not be able to finish the other half.

Soon you'll be on the other side and starting life anew. Good Luck

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Jester
on 5/16/18 11:32 am
RNY on 03/21/16
On May 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, Sheila H. wrote:

....This was just the last 3 minutes....

HAHAHA - that was the best part.

Your mind is just killing time and dealing with the stress. It's all good...

Kathyjs
on 5/16/18 12:45 pm

Thanks I needed a laugh.

Just4me7
on 5/16/18 2:53 pm

This is so funny! I had my rny Las Tuesday and kind a felt the same way the weekend b4. Like, I've 8 months of prep and I don't feel prepped? Crazy. You'll be fine. Good luck!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views