What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/26/24 1:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Great news -- my interview went as well as it could possibly have gone! No guarantee that I'll get an offer because I have no idea if there is an internal candidate or someone else with more direct experience, but I feel confident that if I don't get it, I didn't do anything that I wish I did differently. She says I will hear something today or Monday! Eeeek, I hope it's today because otherwise it's going to be a long weekend! I have another interview on Monday for a different job, but I think that if I were offered this one today I would go ahead and accept it.

I was supposed to spend the day with my mom today but she is a little worried about driving in the rain in case it freezes, so we're going to get together tomorrow, instead. I think I will make today a "dough day" and prep x16 batches, roll it all out, and freeze for upcoming Valentine's Day orders. Funny story--for the first time I decided to offer "adult" cookies for V-Day and wow they are flying off the shelves way faster than the cute kiddo cookies I am offering. I'm learning a lot about my audience ;)

My curly mop:

QOTD: Aside from dietary changes, what other lifestyle modifications have you made post-surgery? I was thinking about this yesterday in anticipation of a possible new job. I've loved my time off, but between having a less structured schedule and my knee injury, I have gotten out of a lot of my routines that made me successful in my first 5 years.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • salad with beef & blue cheese
  • veggie burger with cheese
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/26/24 1:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. Hoping you hear today QJB!

I have my PCP appointment this afternoon and I'm trying to build my courage to stand up for myself. I tend to shut down if people are being ******** I like my doctor but he isn't aggressive enough with my diabetes stuff...my thyroid stuff and a few others. Yesterday after having a healthy salad my BS spiked again. So I might do a shake weekend this weekend. Not to lose weight but to give my BSs a chance to even out. I've been told I'm insulin resistant so I'm sure that's part of this whole thing. I might be going through early menopause too.

We're heading to the thrift store later when the rest of the world is up too. My legs are really sore and my veins look like they are popping out of my legs. It's weird for them to be so numb and still hurt so much. I have my next trial block Monday. Looking forward to those 5 hours. The actual ablation, if approved, will be February 15th...4 days after my bday.

I found a coffee I love, dark chocolate hazelnut. Of course I couldn't find it again. I don't do a lot of flavored coffee but this was awesome. I think it's green mountain.

QOTD: I'm not sure what to say on this. With my back injury and all it's hard for me to discern sometimes.

B: eggs, cheese and coffee x2

L: probably a chicken breast and maybe green beans

D: salmon most likely.

a few AI photos I did the prompt for. Also a 6 sided Star.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/24 3:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There's a restaurant here where all the staff shirts have a really gorgeous cephalopod body around the neckline and shoulders and the their head is the pod. Very cool.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/26/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope all goes well today, stay strong.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/24 2:26 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I saw this walking past an art gallery and thought you would like to see it

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/26/24 4:41 pm - Amarillo, TX

Oh that's so cool! Thank you so much for sharing(and especially thinking of me when you saw it!).

Partlypollyanna
on 1/26/24 3:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Friday!

we had another great music day, with three small venue shows plus 4 last night. 1 new to me artist that was exceptional, 1 that was ok. One of my least favorite bands of all the attendees was next to last last night and that may have been when I checked my email so I don't have to do it this morning. We also made it through the Truman Little White House which was good.

today we are trying again for the kayak/snorkel/sail but doing the morning version. Then this evening is the amphitheater night I've really been looking forward to with two of my favorites playing. Tomorrows music I can take or leave but my friend is a huge fan of the festival closer so I know we'll be there for that.

qotd - definitely fitness. I had a trainer two mornings a week and would walk a couple day a week for years before was but since committing to a lifetime of at least half an hour a day, I have really made it a part of my life and have become one of those people that really does get the improved mental state from it as much as the exercise. Also, not dietary, but mentally, I have left the clean plate/you bought it you have to eat it - if I don't enjoy something, I stop. If I have more of it, I give it away or I get rid of it. I still have work to do sometimes on stopping when I really enjoy something but else helps with that. My friend actually commented on that the other morning, I ha two bites of something and stopped and he asked if it was bad an I said no, it's ok but I tried it and that was enough.

yesterday was 5.6 miles, it would have been 6.8 but my friend really didn't want to so he last walk from the east aid to the west side so we ubered.

menu was coffee with half and half x3, Cuban sandwich with one sweet potato fry, smoked turkey and slic jalapeño cornbread, and a skinny Paloma.

Have a great Friday!

pix are just a few from this week

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/26/24 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You've got tons of fun planned for today, enjoy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/26/24 7:04 am - Amarillo, TX

So pretty! Some day I hope to see the ocean!

Teenie
on 1/26/24 8:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am sniffing the flowers just to get a little spring action. Beautiful.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 436 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 332 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?