on 11/27/11 6:19 pm - Burleson, TX

I'm ALMOST sure it's MONDAY..

ALL ABOARD !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/27/11 6:36 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, family! Up early..not quite "at 'em" yet..but am thinking about it..

Whew..4 days without going to work...Don'teven know when I've done that before..it's been YEARS..I'm sorta kinda ready to go back today-dreamed about it all night, and reality won't be as bad as the crap I deamed..I hope...

Well..less than a week till the White Rock 13.1 miles...when we signed up MONTHS ago, it seemed far, far away...now it's right on top of us. as I mentioned yesterday, this week I am supposed to "carb load"..harder than it sounds....for me-it means plain potatoes and oatmeal-not donuts and chocolate..sigh..AND staying OFF the scale for at least 2 weeks after the race. The glycogen, etc in the muscles can do all kinds of wacky things, and the scale will make me think I am well on my way to 340 lbs again..so I am to put it AWAY..but go back to my "WLS post eating plan"..WTH..so much to remember..y'all remind, next week, when I'm going beserk, that all this madness was MY idea..and to support Corbin's efforts (why did I have kids, anyway? They are SO overrated sometimes!!)

Glad to see ALISSA and BRYAN got home safely, as did KARLA. I haven't talked to TRACEY yet. Her cruise ship should have docked yesterday, I think. Seems like she's been gone a month-probably seems like it to her TOO, with all the family and teensagers!

Continued thoughts and prayers for SAUNDRA and her family, as they care for their daddy. I know how very special this labor of love is.

Special (((hugs))) for MEGGIE and DANA, as they move on and start "different" holiday traditions-not better or worse-just "different", without the physical presence of their beloved parent

Lastly, I ask for prayers for EACH of us. I dare say we ALL have a need/hurt/want..both said and unsaid...I keep each of on my prayer list EVERY day..sometimes by name..sometimes as my "TMB family"..I consider it a privilege to openly pray for you.

Have a MAR-VE-LOUS Monday, DAHH-LINGS! (Think Billy Crystal voice here)

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Don 1962
on 11/27/11 7:31 pm
Morning Nurse Gina and I'm afraid you are correct that today is Monday.  

Ain't nothing we can do about it but grit our teeth and kick it back into gear.  Means I'm back to fighting crime by fighting grime today.  Hopefully some folks got some things done over the long weekend.  We shall see.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Alissa A.
on 11/27/11 8:19 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning, and HOLY MOLY its cold outside! I should be getting in the car but I just want to stay here in the warm house! Guess I'll layer up today. Hoping the heater at the office works. If not I'll not be a happy camper. When you work in an old building anything is possible. lol.

Headed back to work today and booked 2 appts this morning. What was I thinking! Then my annual review is this afternoon. I'm not terribly worried but I never like sitting around talking about what I did all year. I think I'm prepared though. I should have kept this morning open however, but I needed to see some folks that couldn't wait. Oh well.

Here's hoping the traffic gods are nice today and that lots of people stayed home today, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Phyllis M.
on 11/28/11 4:16 am - Irving, TX
We HAVE to do self PMPs every year at ALL of my jobs !   I absolutely HATE HATE THAT    them - ...The PMP process starts for my job1 (main job) in Oct and continues thru March but I had to turn it in to my team leader by last wed !! Guess what ..........I did on the last day !!!  Go figure.     Good Luck Alissa -  I'm sure that you will do fine !! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Alissa A.
on 11/28/11 8:29 am - Keller, TX
well, I survived. It was far worse when we used to have to write our own goals. My boss wouldn't let us repeat so I had to come up with new ways to say the same crap each time. A few years ago they switched to standard goals for each position.
Saundra P.
on 11/27/11 8:37 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

I slept on and off all last night, I think a combination of sleeping to much Sat/Sun and having a lot on my mind kept me a wake, I got a some time before the alarm goes off so going to try to get a nap in before I have to start working.

Update on Dad: They moved him back to ICU and have him on a ventilator which they (and we) hope to take him off of it sometime this morning.   Seem like we take one step forward then two steps backwards.

I worked a couple of hours yesterday to get in some time as I don't know how my week is going to play out.  My sister is with him today so I plan to get a work a full day in. 

Hope everyone as a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Alissa A.
on 11/28/11 8:30 am - Keller, TX
I'm sorry your dad has had a turn like that. I hope he starts moving three steps forward and none back soon!
Deb *.
on 11/27/11 9:40 pm
Morning all!  Getting ready for the day.  Just did my 1 mile cardio walking video.  Going to play with Natalie some before I need to start working and then take a shower later when she goes down for her morning nap.  I've got a busy week ahead, lots of work stuff during the day.  

Tonight I have to go pick up Santa pictures we had done a couple of weeks ago, Wed I have an appointment with a Rhumatologist to see if I have RA then Bible study that night, Thursday is Jeff's company Christmas party at Fogo de Chao.  Somewhere in that I've got to get my Christmas decorations out and up, write up a menu and grocery list and get to the grocery store.  I'm running out of hours in my days!

Debbi
Phyllis M.
on 11/27/11 10:36 pm - Irving, TX

Good Morning everyone !!  

ITS MONDAY !!  YEAH !!!!!             Looking at this week - 1 day at a time..

I got on the scale and I think that Ive put on 15 lbs in about 3 weeks - is that possible.
Something is NOT right...........I've realized that I've been really swollen in legs alot more than normal...........WOW ............PCP was trying to reach me on Wed and Friday -  maybe somehting is showing up in extensive labs that I had done 2 weeks ago  - I'll call them  first thing this morning as well as the Ortho doc........I sprained my left knee Saturday night and I've been in pain since....excruitiating pain.........I felt a pop when I got out of the restaurant booth and took the first 2 steps and then PAIN was instant and constant since............
But with what the scale told me this morning.. .I KNOW WHY MY KNEES ARE KILLING ME   Journey weight began:  350+ almost 400 I think
Consult weight:  338 - this is what my doc is measuring my progress from.
Surgery morning:  319
Lowest weight:  219/214
Today:  11-28-11:   265 (I think)  the last I weighed about 3 weeks ago I was 255lbs

OH this sucks - but now that it is in writing......I need to do something about it -
Im putting this out there to let all of my friends know.   I"m struggling and so I need to just start back to basics........anyone wanna join me.??   I need help, I can't do this alone and we all know that......life things are better and there are no more reasons.
Sometimes I just wanna "not eat" for weeks because it sounds easier than trying to plan and be prepared is  but - for a food addict - its impossible

But with what the scale told me this morning.. .I KNOW WHY MY KNEES ARE
So with that having been said...  -  the liquid diet has began this morning.......I will lose  5 lbs this week and maybe 5 lbs next.........I'm heading back down to 220 if not 200 by Aug........I want to go on a cruise in Aug for my b-day next year and I can't wear anything that I have in my closet right now......unless I go to North Dakota (class of 81, 82 and 83) had so much fun LAST year that we don't wanna wait for 5 yrs for another reunion - we there is talk of a gathering for us this coming summer....... I can't wait.     

I gotta get.   LUV YOU ALL  

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views