Protein??

melford273
on 3/22/11 8:44 am - NJ
I am 6 days out and am living on sf fruit bars, apple juice and broth.  I'm trying to get some protein in via Isopure, but its really hard.  Should I be worried about protein at this stage?  I'm just trying to stay hydrated, which is also difficult.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel        
Suane
on 3/22/11 9:06 am - Livingston County, MI
At this point, you should be able to drink some of the protein shakes and soon some mushies like cottage cheese and yogurt. But for now, take it slow and keep hydrated and concentrate on healing. You will be fine and see results so quickly you will be inspired to follow the surgeons orders.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

jmshadowdancer
on 3/22/11 9:10 am
Fluid intake is more important at this point for you than protein.  Protein will probably be easier to get in via protein shakes (but they taste wretched lol).  Good luck!
Bajaponderosa
on 3/22/11 10:02 am - San Felipe, Baja, Mexico
I am not a great fan of Protein Powders but I have found that Unjury Protein Powder is wondeful.
I have used both unflavored and Vanilla. The vanilla I mix with soy milk and orange juice taste just like a creamscicle. Yum. Keep up the good work. This site sure can ease your mind. Members give out wonderful advice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views