Whatcha eating today VSGers? Sunday...

Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 4:45 am, edited 4/3/11 7:13 am - Hawthorne, CA
My my my how time flies when you're low carbing.  I think coming here and sharing with you all and getting your kind words and support has made getting back on track easier.  So is probably posting this thread.  I'm like OMG I can't eat that and post about it lol!!  Just wanted to say THANKS for ALWAYS being here for me!

So I'm in the process of making some curry.  I'm using cauliflower instead of potatoes (mmmm potatoes)...that'll be dinner/lunch whatever during the week.

Thanks to MizzBombChelle (great name) and allrecipes.com I NOW have my dinner on tap.  Per some suggestions on there I'll be making the recipe without the cabbage and using my romaine lettuce leaves as a wrap.  Ain't improvisation the BOMB!!

LND:  KFC Spicy Crispy Thigh
LNS:  KFC Spicy Crispy Wing

B:  4 slices of Bacon; 1 egg over easy
S:  2 Cups Coffee; 4 Tbsp 1/2 & 1/2; SF Almond Roca syrup
L:  About 1 cup Chicken Curry (no rice)
S:  ??
D:  Spicy Garlic and Pepper Shrimp

Water:  Goal 100oz (60oz thus far)
Vitamins:  On track
Exercise:  Goal 7500 steps (2100 thus far)
Attitude:  Feels good to be back on track, focusing on what I need to focus on!  Making my lunch/breakfast like I did BEFORE I got off track.  It'll make it easy when I just "know" what I'll be eating at any given moment.

NEXT...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lisa F.
on 4/3/11 5:00 am
I'm finally on real food so I get to play too!! But not far enough for snacks, tum is just too little yet

LND: Cod

B: Chocolate Banana protein shake
L: Cod
D: Wendy's chilli w/ sour cream and a little extra cheese  Yum!

Water: on track for 64oz
Vitamins: Yep

Side question for you guys...do you measure fish/meats etc. pre cooked or after it's cooked for the amount you eat???
Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 5:11 am - Hawthorne, CA
Since I am INSANE about counting stuff.  For amount I can eat I weigh/measure after cooking.  For calories I weigh before.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lisa F.
on 4/3/11 5:20 am
Whew! Thanks Ms Shell  I've only weighed out fish before cooking and I have yet to finish my 3 oz cuz I was scared of overdoing it. The after weight is of course less so I can start finishing my meal now without freaking out
BTW I love your posts!!!
Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 6:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
Thanks Lisa and rest asured your body WILL tell you when to stop but don't push yourself you have a LIFETIME to "finish" meals =)  Trust me after 3 YEARS I'm reminding myself that I don't have to "feel" full to be satisfied.

sleeve genie
on 4/3/11 5:18 am - Alhambra, CA
Hey Ms Shell,  miss you sweetie
LND:  guacamole and leftover spinach omelette from breakfast

B: two fried eggs with tomatoes  coffee
S. atkins bar
L: nothing yet
D: meeting a friend at a local mexican  will have chile verde  yummo with beans (maybe a margarita?)  i know  i'm bad  :o(

the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 6:10 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yes until I get closer to goal I am banning myself from Mexican I can't "seem" to say no to the chips or the margaritas, lol!

RW76
on 4/3/11 5:29 am - Medina, OH
 Still on Mushies...

B: Chicken baby food
L: Beef Baby food
D: Lobster Bisque from Red Lobster
Late Dinner: Either Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt

Fluids: 32OZ of Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch so far, 8oz of Skim Milk later and 32oz more of HP.

I am eating out for the first time today and figure Lobster Bisque is a safe choice as long as I eat around the lobster.

Oh and BTW, baby food blows but it's a comfort thing at this point, I am a paranoid person and like sticking with what works and it has 8g of protein.
michellejoy
on 4/3/11 7:23 am
VSG on 01/18/11 with
try cottage cheese and speggettii sause, warm in microwave. This got me through the mushies I lived on it!! lol
MichelleJoy - Thank you Dr. Alvarez!     
novascotiadawn
on 4/3/11 5:36 am, edited 4/3/11 6:44 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Have been stalling to post here today!!!! But, after seeing you post Ms. Shell...I have nothing to hide and this is part of the ride. I love this post and have to be honest to you all!!!

Coffee
Coffee
B:1/2 a homemade walnut cinnamon bun ( my daughter is sabotaging me, I feel and know it!)
S:
L: Toss Salad...and a 1/4 C of Chili
S:
D:
S:

Water:
Vits:
Exercise:
Attitude: Lazy, but, it's beautiful out there. Wonders if the sidewalks are cleared, can get out for a walk without slipping and tearing my incision open..:O)

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views