how long does it take???

ealvare5
on 4/18/11 5:50 pm - Riverside, CA
From having your surgery how long did you wait to go back to work??? 
thisbe777
on 4/18/11 6:07 pm
i had my surgery on a tuesday, i went back to school the following monday....  i was moving a bit slow, and was on a 5 lb lifting restriction (i was very grateful for my trusty rolling backpack) but i did okay...

how you do depends on what you do for a living...  if you are a desk jockey, you probably won't have too many issues... but if you do anything strenuous, you may want to give yourself a couple three weeks...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

katier825
on 4/18/11 7:36 pm
 I was hoping to just take 1 week, but was still pretty uncomfortable so I took 2 weeks.  Do you need to decide upfront, or can you wait to see how you feel?
MrsHelm1012
on 4/18/11 8:23 pm - Washingtonville, PA
My Dr said a few weeks. I guess most people say they take 2.. I am taking 3. I am a very slow healer, and I always need a little extra time. Its different for each person, but I would rather take extra time and not need it compared to going back to work too soon.

PBJ
on 4/18/11 10:26 pm
I took 3 weeks off because my job is a physical one (I am a RN) and it was the perfect amount of time.  If I had a desk job.I would take 2 weeks.  I think you need atleast that amount of time..or atleast I would have.  good luck to you.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
skatie
on 4/18/11 11:07 pm - NJ
Surgery on Monday back to work the next Monday.  It depends on the type of work you do and also the individual and their healing process.  I think getting back into a schedule relatively soon after surgery helped me with eating and drinking.

Lananala
on 4/19/11 12:18 am - CA
I had surgery on Wednesday and went back to work on Monday. I only work part time in an office so I was only there for about three hours. Even still I felt a little bit tired.

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

mshill97
on 4/21/11 1:55 am
It took me seven weeks, but I had a few complications.

VioletKate
on 4/21/11 5:43 am
I ended up taking 3 weeks from date of surgery. I had planned on only two weeks but ended up with a pretty ugly infection. My Dr. (not surgeon) insisted on the extra week. I was good at work, desk job, but, was extremely tired by 3:00 each day for another week. I still am tired in the evenings and go to bed to watch tv by 9:30 most nights now. Little different than my old version which had me going to bed by 12:30ish. I am just slightly more than 4 weeks out now.
VioletKate    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views