Counting down!

prayinghard2day
on 4/26/11 1:37 pm
Hi VSGers!

I have been around for a while lurking a little, on the surgery rollercoaster off and on since January 2010.  Finally found a good dr. and am scheduled for surgery on May 11th!!!

I stary my 14 day pre-op liquid diet in the morning.  I have warned my family & close friends, even my pastor! I have eaten all the chocolate I had on hand and stuffed myself to the gills with shrimp & broccolli!!  Now I'm counting down the days.....

Any advice?????

sleeve genie
on 4/26/11 1:52 pm - Alhambra, CA
Wow  you have waited a long time,  congratulations,  this is the best thing you can do for yourself.   I had to do the diet pre op,  sucked  lol   the first few days is the hardest,  i didn't really like any of the things i could have,  but after the first few days i decided to eat/drink stuff and not go around hungry all the time.   You are so close now sweetie,  you can do this.   Take care :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Susan0714
on 4/26/11 2:50 pm - Kenner, LA
HI I start my diet on May 5th and surgery May 19.. I find that I like the slim fast low carb, and I found a new protein drink that I saw a post on here someone talkking about them, it is called Jay Robb Whey Protein, I have the strawberry and tried the chocoalate that was good, I mised it with skim milk..

I found these at Whole Foods, I bought the little packets first to try them out..  I was told by my support group members when it gets hard, for a few days just remember why you are doing it.. It will all be over with soon..

GOod Luck,

Susan
vjb1952
on 4/26/11 3:49 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
  You are almost there!  That IS exciting...the time will fly by, and before you know it, you'll be sleeved and beginning a new chapter on your journey...congratulations!  Keep us posted.  Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

prayinghard2day
on 4/28/11 8:50 am

Thanks everyone!! Two days down, twelve to go - I have never been so hungry or peed so much in all my life!  I hope the time does fly so I won't notice either feeling too much.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views