I'm feeling like such a loser (and NOT in a good way)...HELP

jengo1971
on 5/16/11 12:47 pm
Oh where to begin......I had a house full last week.  Friends from MI with their five kids plus my five kids (all under age 12).....you can imagine the stress, right??  I did ok with eating UNTIL they made chocolate chip cookies.  I ate three one day and six the next!  I have no control over certain foods.  Do you have that trouble?  Anyhoo the past two days I've eaten everything in sight!  I feel as if I've lost complete control.  I'm so disappointed in myself.  I wonder why I can't be the one who never cheats.  What is wrong with me?  Will I even make it to goal? 

Thanks for reading everyone.  I'm just feeling so down right now.  Damn  chocolate/carbs.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
sleeve genie
on 5/16/11 12:54 pm - Alhambra, CA
Ok  you messed up,  can't do anything about that,  but eating carbs can lead to craving carbs which is why its best to leave them ALONE,   You can start over fresh now.   I do this myself, i eat things i know i shouldn't but then i get back on the train.   You know what you need to do and you will do it,  just go back to basics   and you'll do fine  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

jengo1971
on 5/16/11 1:12 pm
Thank you as always, Jeani.  I'm so darn afraid of not making it to goal.   Tomorrow is a new day.......

Lionetta
on 5/16/11 1:20 pm - AZ
Hey, don't beat yourself up! You're only human, and you had this surgery for a reason. It's a tool ...and you know how it works, so you can pick yourself up and get back on the losers bench when you want to. Nothing is wrong with you! But those carbs ...gosh, I ate a cookie at a party and realized the carb cravings came back with a vengenace! I'm still in the weight loss mode of my journey and I've learned carbs will do that every time so I avoid them as much as possible. 

I have a little tool that helps me pass up on that piece of cake or whatever. I look at it, tell myself that I remember what it tastes like, and remind myself that I can have a bit if I really want to once in a while AFTER I've reached my goal. Nothing tastes as good my thinner body feels! I want more thin before I will give in to a piece of "stuff" that will keep me from getting to my goal! 

And then I go focus on something healthy and enjoy that. Honeydew melon, for example ... yum! What a treat!

Hugs! You're gonna do just fine!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

mickidee23
on 5/16/11 1:26 pm
I'm struggling too with carbs and my sweet tooth, I'm trying to get back to basics today, I'm feeling tired of the dense protien. One thing I heard someone say that is helpful is "is it really worth it" when being tempted.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

msroro
on 5/16/11 1:27 pm - Richmond, VA
 Girl I feel your pain, I am going through a lot right now emotionally and I am snaking like crazy.  my wieght loss is at a stand still and I want to get it back on track but I am having a hard time doing that.  I am going to start to work out and I am tryign to cut back on my addictions ( snacks)  But right now I feel so FAT!!

Thanks for posting this lets be strong we can make it!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 3:40 pm
Oh my dear heaven!!!!!!!!  If I had 10 little children in my house I would have eaten the kids and put the cookies down for a nap!  LOL!

Tomorrow morning, get up and just follow your plan like those cookies never happened.  We have to take it one day at a time, girl.  We are human beings, we ain't perfect... but, by golly, we are gettin' better every day! 
viola_120
on 5/16/11 9:32 pm - FL
I hear that if you do the 5 day pouch test, it will help eliminate the carb/sugar cravings and might get you back on track
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
cattywompos
on 5/16/11 10:48 pm
No, you aren't the only one that has done something like this.  I had to literally throw out a whole (well, not whole after I was done with them) bag of Hershey kisses because I was not strong enought to stay away.  Convience food is my down fall so I don't keep it in the house. 
Now, you just have to stop beating yourself up about it, and clear the path and keep going.  It may not be the last time that this happens, but the key is to learn from your mistakes.  You can do this!  You can keep going and make it to goal!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

jengo1971
on 5/16/11 11:17 pm
Thank you all so very much for your encouraging words.  I WILL do this.  I WILL make it to goal!!  I already have my work-out clothes on for today AND I have an eating plan in mind. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 318 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 364 views