Finally Home!!

MrsHelm1012
on 5/21/11 8:25 am - Washingtonville, PA
Wow what a trip this has been!! I got home this afternoon, but I slept most of the day. I was so thankful I had this group before the surgery becausethe day ofter my surgery, I was thinking I made a mistake... Because of this group, I knew that would happen. I was suppose to go home on Fri, but I wasnt taking in enough protein and my sugar was low, so they kept me an extra day. I can get 3-4 oz of diet crystal light down in a hour, but for dinner, I could only get 1-1/2 oz of tomato soup. I am guessing thats because of the thickness.. I stil have quite a bit of gas pain. Its all over my tummy chest and shoulder blade. I can not tolerate the milky protein drinks that I loved a few days ago, so in the hospital, the Dr gave me liquacell?? Tastes like a grape popsicle! Delicious! Unfortunately you can only buy it online, and its expensive.. So I am going to have to figure something out between now, and when it gets delivered. boo!

missuscat
on 5/21/11 8:37 am
Glad you are home and just keep reminding yourself that it will get easier!!  I'm 4 days out and trying to figure it all out and get the right amounts....I'm positive that in a few weeks it'll be "old hat" :-)  Take care and enjoy the journey!!
dentalhygieny
on 5/21/11 9:13 am - MN
Glad you are home and feeling better....I agree with you that having this board to discuss issues that are going on makes it alittle less scary...Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted as to how you are doing...
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

BigCaliSmile
on 5/21/11 9:23 am - La Puente, CA
Glad to read youre recovery is going so smooth.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
lucy2e
on 5/21/11 9:30 am - Laurel, MD
Glad you are home and over that hump!  Take care of yourself!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

sleeve genie
on 5/21/11 10:08 am - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations on your surgery.    The gas pain was the worst thing i went thru,  luckily i had a very easy time of it,  but walking is the only thing that really helped with that.  It was gone by about a week or so out.   Good luck on finding a protein drink   I liked the synthax nectars   tasted more like juice than milk without that weird taste   feel better soon,  i know you will :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

cmgg1972
on 5/21/11 11:34 am
glad you are home!!!  the gas goes away sooooo slllloooow.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 1:11 pm
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Glad you're home! Rest well and heal!
bursonc
on 5/21/11 2:36 pm
Thanks for mentioning the liquacel... just ordered me some from Amazon.com

Glad you are home.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  I'll be reading.  My surgery is scheduled for June 3rd.

maxie1
on 5/23/11 8:08 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
glad your home and doing well. 
susan                                                                                                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views