Tracking food

sldierswife
on 5/21/11 2:30 pm
How do you measure out your food? Do you weigh it or stick it in a cup...
I went shopping and I was trying to break my salmon up into smaller portions. I wasn't sure what the heck would be the easiest way to do that?

Thanks to anyone *****plies! Xoxoxo

Melissa
 HW 298 SW 281

MediumSoon
on 5/21/11 2:36 pm - TX
The salmon I buy is 5 ounces per piece -so I cut it in half after cooking. I weigh some things and "measure" others - depending on wht I feel is the most accurate measurement (for example, frozen shrimp in a measuring cup isn't very accurate). You have to "judge" the best you can.

sleeve genie
on 5/21/11 2:45 pm - Alhambra, CA
Some people weigh their food, some people measure.   Out tummy doesn't have a scale in it,  its size is by volume,  so a lot of people believe measuring is the way to go.   As Medium soon said,  some people do both.  It's whatever works best for you i would say.  I personally don't own a food scale so i measure,  or now i kinda eyeball.  I look at how much the package weight is with things like steak and fish and decide how many peices to cut it into depending on the weight. If its 12 oz then i know i can make 4 servings out of it.   You'll find what works best for you   good luck  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Crimson
on 5/21/11 2:54 pm - MD
I weigh/measure depending on what the food is. Not that good yet to be able to eyeball something.

When that does happen, I over estimate and food gets wasted
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 7:17 pm, edited 5/21/11 7:18 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I do scale measuring, because the chick in my head who wants more than her share?  You cannot BELIEVE how much crap she can pack into a 1/2 cup!  :} 

But I have, for quibbling sake - dumped my 2 or 3 ounces of meat, slice o cheese, and salsa (a typical meal) into a 1/2 cup and its never overflowing, so - my words of advice to anyone are - however/whatever just be consistent. For me, with this method?  I have not ever experienced foamies (with food, with vitamin C on an empty stomach and I went to lie down once, but never food) or feeling like I ate too much and having pain, or vomiting from eating too much, so - you know - it works for me.

You gotta find what words best for you and just *be consistent*

:}  Good luck!
katier825
on 5/22/11 3:07 am
I weigh my food.  I don't trust myself to eyeball it.  It's amazing how much different it can be from what I thought it was.  If you don't want to get a scale at least buy some small containers and that should help control the portions.  I never just eat until I'm full.  I'm six months out and my total for meals is up to 5 oz.  I don't take more and sometimes leave some. 
sldierswife
on 5/22/11 3:36 am
That's a great idea smaller containers thanks that might help make it easier
 HW 298 SW 281

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views