8 days out and I am dying for something to chew on

kmcook
on 6/18/11 11:45 am
 I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to get past my craving to chew on something!  I am on full liquids for another 5 days!!  I am not hungry just so ready to be able to chew on something normal.  I thought I would ask if anyone has any suggestions to help me get past this or if you have some secret.  Thanks!!

Heidi V.
on 6/18/11 11:50 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Chew on SF popsicles or plain ice cubes. It's amazing how that satisfies the urge.

Good Luck!

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Ashley O.
on 6/18/11 11:51 am
havent asked my doctor about this and i havent had my surgery yet, but maybe you could chew on somthing and spit it out? or sugar free gum.. I know someone that had the RNY and literally ALWAYS had gum on her.. she would have like 4 pieces at a time too.. lol. but youd have to make sure theres no sugar and no sugar alcohol.. a lot of times sugar alcohol isnt listed or no one knows about it.
you could also try chewing ice.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

skinimini
on 6/18/11 12:09 pm
I am 8 days out, also! I agree with the SF popscicles! They also help with my never-ending thirst!!

I was able to start mushies today, and it was ssooo nice to have something with substance!! Sorry you have 5 more days, but you will be done in no time!!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

NewDawn50
on 6/18/11 12:14 pm
Hang in!  Head hunger sucks in the beginning - you are detoxing from bad food and your body is protesting.  SF popsicles, SF puddings, jello - you'll make it - keep your eyes on the prize and just keep going.

Also, keep drinking.  Sometimes you're more thirsty than you realize.  We aren't used to listening to our bodies - we just stuffed them with crap every available second.  You'll be fine.

acbbrown
on 6/18/11 12:18 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Popsicles help me. Also, greek yogurt. I eat it with a baby spoon so it takes me a while Helps with the need to "eat"

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

free.to.be.me.5.20

on 6/18/11 12:53 pm
My doctor suggested I look on www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com. There, Shelly has adapted many recipes to be WLS friendly. The protein shakes she has are great, and satisfy my hunger for chocolate. I use Unjury chocolate splendor, or make her vanilla frappuchinos.Just like Starbucks without the calories and $$$.  So you can enjoy these while getting ready for the next step, making a little notebook of recipes you want to try. I am four weeks past my VSG, and have not felt deprived. This past week I made her recipe for Confetti Bites.Umm! She is five years out from gastric bypass, and has many helpful tips to encourage us all. Hang in there and remember, "Nothing tastes good as thin feels!" You can do it!
njmom5870
on 6/18/11 12:56 pm
Popscicles, Ice chips and my favorite.....sugarless gum!!  I lived on the popscicles after surgery.  They were my lifeline.

Do not chew anything and spit it out.  Remember the stomach is still healing and you don't want to chance swallowing anything by accident.

Remember, this phase won't last forever and before you know it, you will be on regular foods.
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

cabcab
on 6/18/11 1:01 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I was dying for something to chew on towards the end of my liquid phase.  I would dream about eating something and I swear a few times I woke up and my mouth was chewing.

You'll be through the liquid phase before you know it.  Hang in there!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

dettelt
on 6/18/11 1:40 pm - CA
OMG me too!! I am having such a hard time, and you can only have so many popsicles in a day right? I hope we find some ideas here, good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views