Day 4 ~ Pity party

Jessica Houston
on 7/3/11 9:24 pm - Wichita, KS
I woke up this morning in excruciating pain (10/10) and had to have DH help me sit up in bed! My incisions hurt, hell my whole upper abdomen hurts, my head is pounding & all I can think is "Why the hell did I elect to do this??? I was happy as a fat girl!"
Now I know deep down this is not how I feel, but I am hoping & praying for this pain medicine to kick in quick & for the ice pack on my tummy to provide some relief!

Did anybody else have days like this???
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

roundater
on 7/3/11 9:40 pm - Lincoln, NE
Oh dear. Sounds like you have had a lot in recent days. I was lucky and did not have pain after 2 days. But everybody is different and it is not a race for getting well. Take it easy, let hubby help and if the pain persists despite the ice pack and meds, check with your doc. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/3/11 9:40 pm
I didn't have that amount of pain but everything else you describe was my day 2 after they discharged me from the hospital.  I was miserable!

It gets better.  Still a roller coaster, but you should see improvement every day.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sswanky
on 7/3/11 9:56 pm
HI , I sure hope you feel well soon.  It is day 6 for me and day 5 was a turn around.  Day 4 was tough.  I felt better actually on day 3.  I forced my self to take a walk yesterday am and about mid morning I got a burst of energy that has not abated.  I took a 30 minute walk this morning.  LOTS of energy.  I tried to force too much protein on day 4 and had diarrhea all day.  I also converted to using greek yogurt high in protein, 23 grams per 8 oz which I blend with 1/2 banana, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder from Trader Joes and 1 tbls. pure fruit.  I had to eat whole foods. I'm finding that I can't tolerate artificial sweeteners anymore and the protein shakes were not working for me.  My concoction has 36 g of protein and I spoon 1 and 1/2 of these shakes 4-5 times per day.  In between I drink herbal apple and cinnamon tea.  My tummy has settled down considerably.  I also take prevacid in the morning before starting anything.  I am definitely spacing my fluids from the times i have my protein and I feel 1000 times better.  I felt just like you do on day 4, lots of buyers remorse but then I think about all the time I have wasted eating, worrying about eating, being uncomfortable, not enjoying life nearly to the fullest and endangering my health and mobility every day by carring an extra 140 lbs.  Take care and I hope this helps. 
BuckeyeGirl
on 7/3/11 10:17 pm - TN
Aw, sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope the pain meds kick in soon and that your pain is lessens with each day.

I never had that much pain, but I do remember being several days post-op and saying to my boyfriend, "you loved me fat...why did I do this??" lol  When I was in the hospital (and enjoying my pain pump button), I said to my mom and dad, "I feel like someone cut out my stomach." lol

Hang in there!! These days will pass (not soon enough for you, I know!) and you will be feeling "normal" again and many, many pounds lighter before you know it.

Best of luck,
Lindsey

frisco
on 7/3/11 10:24 pm

10/10 pain means you need to be in the hospital getting morphine or some other IV pain treatment.

Call your surgeon ASAP.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

BuckeyeGirl
on 7/3/11 10:41 pm - TN
Yes, this is a good point. 10/10 definitely warrants a call.

frisco
on 7/3/11 10:51 pm

From my experience..... any oral pain med only knocks the pain down about 3 points. It's mostly for getting your 5 down to a 2

I never had a 10/10

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SassyItalian
on 7/3/11 11:39 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
We have all had days like this! The nice thing is the bad days are now a distant memory...

I'm glad you didnt settle for being "the happy fat girl"! F* that!! Life is so much more enjoyable with the weight gone.

Hang in there, chin up, and keep doing what you need to do.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

nursejlo
on 7/4/11 12:00 am
I sas there about 2 days ago. This is day 5 for me and the best day so far. Days 2-4 were really bad for me. I also had a 2 hour car ride home. I too felt like I had made a mistake. It gets better. Just hang in there. I hope u feel better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views