need info

nursebren
on 7/4/11 6:03 am
I am 4 yrs vgs post op and need to know if there are anyone else four yrs old older since they had surgery? Do you still drink protein and are you having any difficulties at this point keeping weight off.

brenda g.
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/4/11 6:13 am
I am very early out so I'm not help to you!  But there has been a VSG maintenance board created so you might want to cross post there as well!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Good luck!  Hope you are doing well!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

OldMedic
on 7/4/11 6:47 am - Alvaton, KY
I'm not quite 3 years post-op.  I don't drink protein, unlessI regain 5 pounds. Then, I go back on program till i get that weight off.

I have had absolutely NO problem keeping the weight off, unless I just eat all the wrong stuff in a "grazing" manner.  I have had to go back on program 3 times so far, and all 3 times were because of "grazing".

Of course, 5 pounds is no big deal to get off.  that's why I won't let it get to be any more than that!

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

nursebren
on 7/5/11 12:21 am
thanks, now what exactly is that plan you talked about? also you have an impression career history.
roundater
on 7/4/11 10:44 am - Lincoln, NE
Might want to check with the maintenance board at this link - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/. Most of them have reached goal and have had their sleeve for a while. Maybe they can help.
Rich Sonderegger

nursebren
on 7/5/11 12:18 am
thanks i will do that.
roundater
on 7/5/11 1:27 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Say hi to diane s for me. She is the group leader and my sister.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views