A journey in pictures, 10 months Post Op

shayla82
on 8/21/11 10:05 am - Pratt, KS
Hello,
It's been 10 months now since surgery, 11.5 months since my first consult.  I always think it is important for me to look back at where I started, to remember how I felt, it is a little painful, but also bittersweet.  It may sound kind of odd, but I feel sad for the girl in the first pictures, she is the person I still see in the mirror most of the time, but she is also a stranger, and the person I fear the most... I know that sounds crazy, but I imagine, some of you may be able to relate on some level.
I started out last summer about this time at 337 pounds, I had my first consult with my surgeon on 9/2/2010 at 334 pounds and lost 40ish pounds Pre Op.  I currently weigh 159 pounds. I have taken my food addiction and transferred it to another addiction... Exercise.  I would have never imagined that I would be so emotionally dependent on working out, but it keeps me grounded, sane and most importantly keeps the scale moving!  Since I last posted, I have improved my running skills, it isn't my favorite thing to do, but does feel like a huge accomplishment and I intend to keep polishing this skill, as I want to complete a Warrior Dash next year!

Here is a break down of some of the changes since the start of my journey
Weight- Then 337, Now 159
Pant Size- Then 30, Now 12
Shirt Size- Then 5XL, Now Medium
Bra Size- Then 44D, Now 36 D
Seat Belt Extender- Then Yes Please, Now Heck No!  :)
Toe Nail Painting- Then How do you think I can reach my toes?, Now, No problem!
Clothes Shopping- Then, Lane Bryant only, Now, Any stinking where I want!

I am so happy that I made this decision.  I personally do not feel that it has been easy, I think you get out of this what you put in or don't put in depending if you are talking about food or activity of course. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.  My sleeve, a lot of determination and the right amount of crazy is helping me get my life back!

Thanks for always being here for me! This site has been a constant lifeline that I am so grateful for!

40 lbs lost Pre-Op

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/21/11 10:09 am
Fantastic!! You have so much to be proud of!! Way to rock it!
ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/21/11 10:16 am
AMAZING!!!!  You look fabulous!  Such an inspiration. 

HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
LynMac35
on 8/21/11 10:18 am
Wowzers! What an amazing transformation - such an inspiration to people like me! thanks for sharing. :)

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
Jackie00
on 8/21/11 10:24 am
wow you are definitely a poster child for this site, you did amazing in less then a year. I am around your pre surgery weight and hope to get down to the same goal as you but here I am thinking it is going to take me close to 2 years and basically said my goals are around 50 by christmas, 100 by 1 year and then the rest within 2 years. My surgery is in September and I know my mind is going to be playing crazy games with me until that date of wanting to cancel etc... I am going to be relying on this site to keep my chin up and get me through my surgery headgames.

Once again truly amazing, I remember seeing your profile when I started to read the forums and have watched the progress since. Mind you I didn't join right away, I just read and read and read.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

katier825
on 8/21/11 10:27 am
You have had an amazing journey! You look fantastic. I'm sure you feel as good as you look. It's great for you to post your progression pics. Those starting out should be inspired by you!
DebbieL.
on 8/21/11 10:28 am - OK
You look awesome!
percheron
on 8/21/11 10:29 am
Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many of us. 
veranda
on 8/21/11 10:31 am
You look awesome and your smile tells your story. Any tips that you could give me would me helpful. I am 6 months out and feel stalled. I am scared I won't lose the remaining weight. Youa re an inspiration.

thill03
on 8/21/11 10:34 am
WOW! What an inspiration!!! Thank you so much for posting!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views