HELP ME!!!

indra35
on 10/24/11 2:45 am
Ok last night i posted how i was not sure i was doing everything right so now im up and ready to eat and have no idea what to have. I have always done better if i can follow a meal plan because of course ive been on so many diets and my mind always goes back to things to eat as if i was on Weigh****chers which is just smaller portions of things that are not right for my surgery im ready to use my sleeve but have no idea what to eat please help. ive been on the internet and cant find a food plan for low carb and high protein i looked on Atkins and they dont really have a plan to follow thank you in advance
Marriott L.
on 10/24/11 2:49 am - San Diego, CA
well start with protein first..always! For breakfast..eggs..oatmeal...just always get that in first bc it will fill you!!

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

Ms. Poker Face
on 10/24/11 3:01 am
Focus on high protein, low carb foods such as meats (chicken, pork, beef), fish, eggs, cheese, nuts, greek yogurt, etc.  Always do protein first, then veggies.  Steer clear of veggies with too much starch in them, such as potatoes, carrots, peas and corn. 

Sample menus for me:

Day 1
B: protein shake
S: greek yogurt
L: 2-3 oz grilled chicken
S: string cheese
D: 2-3 oz chicken, pork, beef or fish; one or two bites cooked veggie such as broccoli, green beans, or squash

Day 2:
B: one scrambled egg with 2T cheese
S: 1 oz cheese
L: 2 oz tuna salad; spinach salad w low fat dressing
S: 10 pistachios
D: 2-3 oz chicken, pork, beef or fish; one or two bites veggies

Another snack I have is hard boiled eggs, usually just the white (low fat, high protein plus I don't like the yolk of a hard boiled egg).

Hope this helps.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Elaine2
on 10/24/11 3:19 am, edited 10/24/11 3:43 am - Atlanta, GA
I would print out the ideas that Silly_Sweet gave you.

Then go to a tracking software like myfitnesspal.  Do a week of meals in advance, print them out and follow the plan you have created. It will give you the cals, proteins, carbs and fats in each meal/day. After a week of practice, you should be in the swing of it. If you vary from the plan, go in and make changes as needed.

Secret is...be honest with yourself and the software. The only one looking at it is you.
IMHO, no planning = no success!

Edited to add---you may want to add in a protein shake to get your protein numbers up asap. You need to get at least 60 g at a minimum based on most plans.

C. Champion
on 10/24/11 8:13 am - Minneapolis, MN
this is a typical day for me at 10 weeks post op
B-one egg scrambled with water or fried
1/8 c. 1% low fat cottage cheese.
Snack-string cheese stick
L-string cheese stick or 1/4 c cottage cheese and 1 oz meat (chicken, turkey etc)
Snack- String cheese (yes I eat a lot of cheese)
D-2oz meat (beef, chicken, turkey)
1/4c green beans or other veggie
snack- string cheese yet again!
Now I need more fiber so I am going to substitute in a protein shake with some fruit or a fiber mix during the day.
I take my vitamins every night, I learned early on the carbs are bad. Tracking on Myfitnesspal is awesome because you actually see what you are eating. I no longer eat potatoes, very rarely will I have any rice, and pasta just makes my stomach hurt so no more of that either. My cheese filled diet isnt for everyone and im sure it isnt the best but its what I do right now.
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

indra35
on 10/24/11 11:03 am
C. Champion... this is great and i love cheese so that dosent bother me at all and i am definetley going to look up the myfitnesspal thank you for the help
C. Champion
on 10/24/11 1:55 pm - Minneapolis, MN
You are very welcome. My breakfasts are usually always the same and sometimes lunch is some left overs from dinner the previous night but you get the idea. It was hard for me to get on a regular schedule and meal plan as well because I wanted to just eat my "old food" but I learned quick what wasnt good for me. Good luck!!
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

Jennifer S.
on 10/24/11 11:56 am
Here is a link to the VSG FAQ's... there are some meal plans in there that may be helpful.

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views