constipation

bandrmom
on 12/7/11 7:18 am
Any other suggestions on how to relieve this constipation other than Miralax? I'm trying my best not to bear down.
newme2011-2012
on 12/7/11 8:47 am
I take magnisium vitamins everyday. And it keep me regular.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

bandrmom
on 12/7/11 9:01 am
 Guess I'd should mention that I am 8 days out form my sleeve.
newme2011-2012
on 12/7/11 9:04 am
I've been taking it since I was 5 days out from surgery the pills are really small.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

momsy55
on 12/7/11 9:55 am - ME
I had the same problem at about the same stage.  I took milk of magnesia and it took care of things.  People here recommended Fiber Gummies and Smooth Move tea, though until I got onto a regular diet at 6 weeks, I still had problems a good deal of the time.  Now, I take 2 Fiber Gummies in the morning and at night, and, along with some added fiber in my diet, it seem sto do the trick the majority of the time.  Benefiber was also recommended, but I never tried it.  A suggestion is to get yourself "unplugged" with MOM, and then try the Fiber Gummies, and Smooth Move tea if needed.  Others' suggestion of a magnesium supplement sounds like a good idea as an alternative, as well.  Hang in there - it does get better.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

abrown8434
on 12/7/11 10:42 am - VA
Yes--Milk of Magnesia is a Godsend and just one Tbsp before bed will do you. Also, as you are further out, you can try adding Benefiber to your water (don't overdo it). There are just going to be so constipated/odd moments because your body is in major shock and will go through multiple adjustments.

Best of luck to you,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

bandrmom
on 12/7/11 10:52 am
Thank u everyone!
Mermaid7
on 12/7/11 11:02 am
This post is very apropo for me right now.  I am in my 3rd week and am experiencing constipation too.  I am only allowed cottage cheese and beans and protein powder.  No veggies or fruit in any form!  I took MOM before my surgery and it gave me a headache.  I thin\k the problem won't go away until we can have fruit and veggies.  For me that will be 8 weeks.  Good luck with MOM I think I will try the benefiber and fiber gummies when I am able.  My magnesium tablets are quite large.  I will have to look for smaller ones.
Thanks for the informative and timely topic.  I never expected to have to take a fiber supplement always.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views