does anyone else feel this way?

ednjen30
on 1/2/12 12:07 pm - CA
 I had VSG in August 2011.  My family and I have gone out to eat a few times since my surgery.  Everytime we go out I do not enjoy it.  I hate watching them eat large amounts of food while I take a bite from each person.  So tonight I decide I am going to order my own food, eat some and take some to work tomorrow for lunch.  I ordered a steak quasadilla and a salad.  I eat a little of each, except for the tortilla.  Then my family asks me to give them my food! What? You all still have food on your plates! I ended up with only my salad to take home. I told them it made me mad that they want my food, they all start pouting. Really?  
I know before surgery I could eat large amounts too, so why does it bother me to see them eat so much? 
Does anyone else feel this way?
Happy New Year

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
tripmom02
on 1/2/12 12:20 pm - NJ
 Eating with my family is like eating with a plague of locusts, there is never anything left. My kids eat healthy food options when we go out so I don't mind the amount that they eat, but they never leave anything on MY plate. I never have food to take home, ever. I just figure they are growing kids and need the fuel, so I don't mind too much, it's when I am hungry and they eat my food that I get aggravated (like today I opened the fridge to get my lunch and it was GONE). 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Sharon38
on 1/2/12 12:24 pm - TX
I'm know exactly how you feel!! My husband eats whatever he wants infront of me and I feel like he is so inconsiderate! He orders a double and large size fries that I want Soooo bad!!! I'm only 6 days post op and I'm having the hardest time! I feel like I'm gonna fail!! I am Hungary, and the dr said I wouldn't be! Hang in there!! Your sacrifice is for YOU and it will be worth it!
Have a blessed day! - Sharon    
JackEck
on 1/2/12 12:30 pm
 Hang in there Sharon I am on day 8 of my liquid diet durgery on the 9th it is the hardest thing I have ever done but I know it is all worth it 

roxann
on 1/2/12 2:04 pm - chanute, KS
dont worry or stress eating gets easier. im 2 weeks out and i thought i was going to fail at this i felt like i was going to freak out if i didnt get that food.... but it does get easier...just remember we got this surgery for that reason that those french fries are what got us fat in the first place... i just tell my self after i get all my weightloss off then maybe i can have somethings in moderation.....also when im hungery i try not to think about what sounds good or what i would love to have but, i just try think of what i can have that has lots of protien...
ednjen30
on 1/2/12 12:32 pm - CA
 Thank you!  I am so happy to have this site where people understand how I feel. 

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
Jasonm11
on 1/2/12 12:37 pm
My brother in law is actually the one I have this problem with. He always tries to get my leftovers. The first time he did it, he just reached in with his fork and tried to grab something. I thought he was joking so I told him he was likely to pull back a nub if he tried that again. Then his mom chewed him out up and down and I realized he wasn't joking. I swear every time he goes out with us my wife has to tell him that he can't have our leftovers. It was funny when I thought it was a joke but honestly, thats my food I am paying my hard earned dollars(ok I don't work hard at all) for....nobody laying a finger on my food if they value all their limbs....

I recommend takinga firm stance of back off! You'll learn to adjust to being ok with eating out with people. It gets more normal after time. I'm almost 10 months out and the only time it is weird for me is when I go to dinner with someone who doesn't know about the surgery or hasn't eaten with me since. They make a big deal out of it and at this point it is just annoying when people make a scene out of it.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 1:03 pm
I view it as a high class problem that I have so much food left that others want it.
P_B
on 1/2/12 1:18 pm - Norfolk, VA
Oh now that's funny!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 1:21 pm
I am almost 4 weeks out. I have gone out to eat a couple of times. I love it. I love that I can eat so little compared to others and feel so satisfied. It's actually a pleasure for me that I don't have to eat the way I used to to feel satisfied.

I am also enjoying the talking and socializing much more than I did before.

I've got to say the best is that I can make 3 or 4 meals out of one entree portion of protein (I've only ordered fish so far). I scrap the starch and the veggies still at this point. So, I look at all the money I'm "saving" compared to the old days!

I have not had anyone go for my left overs, so I don't know what that's like. I can tell you though it wouldn't go over well with me. My food. Touch it and die! I have plans for those left overs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views