Vacation!!

jovi_34
on 2/25/12 10:15 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with

So I'm going on vacation on Wed. to Vegas. This will be my 1st. vacation since being sleeved & was wondering how do ya'll deal with it? For those that have taken. Did ya get a workout in? I plan on it, but that doesn't mean it will happen.  I do plan on taking my protein, buy some roasted edamames, take jerky. We are staying in a resort so I'll be able to cook food, but I know I'll be out & about. I've been there before, so the buffets will prolly be out of the question, not sure. I know hubby will want to go. Anyhow if anyone has any input on how they did, it would be wonderful feedback!!

Thanks everyone!! Oh & I'm at a stall for the past 3 weeks or so, so I do want to do well  

Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/25/12 11:17 am
I travel a lot for work and my first business trip was at 5 weeks post op.  It's second nature for me now.  Stick to small protein meals, always eat protein first and only eat a bite or two of something else if you really want it.  Maybe try splitting a meal with the hubby since you can eat so little (my hubby and I do this quite a bit).  You can do a buffet, but obviously you'll eat very little.  It'll seem silly to do that, but it's not the end of the world.  Just make a plan to eat small amounts of protein a couple times a day and you'll be fine.

When I go to Vegas, my exercise is putting on miles of walking up and down the Strip!  I love that place!

Be sure to drink lots of water!!!  Carry a bottle around with you and keep refilling it or getting new ones.  Don't risk dehydration, especially in the dry Vegas air.

Have fun!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

jovi_34
on 2/25/12 12:26 pm - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Thanks for the advice & I will plan on keeping protein on me :) Most def. My girlfriend that lives there already talking about taking us to the local spots so maybe we won't do too many buffets..lol I sooo love the Rio buffet!! But paying 40$$ for me to eat a baby amount, not doing it. hehehehe....

Thanks again for the advice & yes I will be walking so that counts as exercise!!

melz1974
on 2/25/12 1:01 pm
VSG on 07/10/12
I haven't had WLS yet but I did just come back from Vegas a month or so ago.  I love it out there!!  I'm sure you'll get tons of exercise walking the strip!  We went down to Fremont street on Saturday night and they had a band playing 80's rock at the Plaza end of the strip and I danced like a crazy girl.  Enjoy your trip!!! 
jovi_34
on 2/26/12 12:55 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Thanks!!

I have my bff, lol that lives there & she knows about the wls surgery. So hanging with her a few days she can take me to the spots off the strip...Thanks, I plan on doing alot of dancing too..lol

I will enjoy it thanks

Need a few days away alone with hubby

camietam
on 2/25/12 2:14 pm - Ceres , CA
I am 3 months out and my husband and I went to Cambria for the weekend on the coast. It was weird not have my cheese sticks or greek yogurt. I brought my protein power and shaker container. Are hotel provided free breakfast so I knew I wouldn't have a problem getting my protein down in the morning. I needed a snack there was a liquor store so I purchased cashew nut. It tied my over until lunch. I asked for the children's menu when we were out and I have a weight loss card from my doctor, but I usual tell the server I had surgery and can't eat but only 4-5 oz. The servers are accommodations . Then I have found that the children's menu is awful and all fried. I do not have kids so I was surprised. I ordered a size of grilled chicken breast with a side of ranch just in case the chicken is dry. It works. A buffet is a waste of money, but ask if you can have children rates. Have a great time and don't worry about exercise you will be walking a lot.
Camie

jovi_34
on 2/26/12 12:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Thanks for your input!!  I didn't think of asking for childrens rates, won't hurt to try though.
I agree the children's menu @ restaurants are crazy!! My son is only two so we end up splitting a dish, a healthy one at that. He doesn't eat much, but at least its healthy. I know a few restaurants are revamping their menus, but those are the big chains we see around.

Thanks for the input!!

felicity2u
on 2/25/12 11:27 pm - LA
I had my surgery in March 2011 and then had a vacation to Vegas in July 2011 so I feel ya! The first thing I did was made sure to pack my protein shakes that I have so that way I knew I would at least get some protein in for the day since I knew the rest of the day would be different from my normal schedule.  I also packed peanuts and beef jerky to have during the day and then when we went to eat, alot of the places to eat have shrimp ****tail for appetizers or some small dish with a protein in it.  If they did not then I would have my mother, who I went with, get something high in protein and just share with her.  It's very tricky there because everything is very pricey and can get quite expensive.  While you could still eat at most buffets (actually easier to eat at these instead of resturants, it can get quite expensive.  I hope this helps and have a great time.  Also, I didn't exercise while I was there because we did so much walking every day, lol! Have fun!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

jovi_34
on 2/26/12 12:59 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Nice, so you went about the same time I did after surgery. I plan on taking my protein & beef jerky. Prolly my edamames also!! I agree that its prolly easier at the buffets, but yes also so expensive compared to what I will eat. We'll see...

Thanks for your ideas!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views