Fractured my foot, two weeks post op!

Flo75
on 3/14/12 10:58 am
VSG on 02/29/12
So upset! I fractured my foot and am so upset about this because the first month is when you are supposed to lose a ton of weight. So I have been "booted" for the next 4 to 6 weeks, then after that possible surgery with another 6 weeks of no walking.
How frustrating and crappy!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
acbbrown
on 3/14/12 11:27 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Dont worry - your WL won't suffer b/c you broke your foot unlesss you sit around and eat all day :)

The major weight loss is bc of the reduced calories - its not like most of us can even exercise before the 6-8 week mark, and any "exercise" might be light walking which doesnt burn a whole lot anyways. 

Just rest up, get into a routine with your new stomach, take it easy on your foot, and you'll be ready to go when the boot comes off. 

Sorry to hear about your foot!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

trayb17
on 3/14/12 11:34 am
VSG on 01/05/12
So sorry about your foot! My daughter just fractured her foot in two places and isn't a happy camper either. Try not to worry as I am sure everything will work out fine in the weight loss department. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Herbie55
on 3/14/12 12:48 pm - MI
Why are they making you wait to have surgery? I fractured my ankle in 3 places and was in surgery within a week. Have you been refered to an orthopedic surgeon? My ankle was set in the emergency room and had an appt. with surgeon within 2 days. I surely wouldn't wait for it to heal and then have them re-break it!
judyk62
on 3/15/12 6:48 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 I know exactly how you feel! I am 3 1/2 months out, was exercising and actually liking it! Then on the treadmill I felt something bad happen to my knee and have hardly been able to walk, much less exercise since then. I have had an x-ray, now getting  scheduled for an MRI, and will need either a meniscus  repair or full blown knee replacement surgery. It has been very depressing. But the good news is I have stayed on plan with my eating and have continued to lose. And while on vacation last week, while I couldn't walk much, I did a lot of swimming and realized what good exercise that is. I don't know if you can do that with a fractured ankle, but at least consider it as your situation improves.

Best of luck to you - don't get discouraged!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

CheeseLover
on 3/15/12 7:06 am
VSG on 02/16/12
I'm sure you'll still lose. I know a lot of people who didn't exercise early in the game and still lost.
Most Active