is it normal for some people to change after VSG

tamou37
on 4/17/12 8:16 pm - Toronto/Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I had my surgery 7 weeks ago and was not doing well the first few weeks as most of us. I was full of regret, depressed and so negative. I think that was normal at 2 and 3 weeks out. I stalled at 3 weeks to top that up.

At the beginning I was so happy, I met few people who had the surgery hoping they will support me and understand what I have been going through and not being judgemental but instead one of them was critical to my situation. I was so tearful and shocked when I heard that. At 2 weeks post op what did she expect? why she forgot how it was for her post op?

I lost confidence in people around me. I thought friends are there to listen and feel each other’s pain. I really felt alone.

Any way, getting better these days. Training for 1 to 2 hours a day. Losing slowly but started weighing myself once a week only, ease the stress.

Happy that I am eating healthy smaller portions.

I want to stay the same person always and not to forget where I have come from. I want to always support newbies without being judgemental.

Peace.

Sleeved on 26/02/12 By Doctor Al Taie in Dubai

Christine928
on 4/17/12 8:29 pm
I hope they change for the better... But that's just me wishing..

If you are a good person in the heart then you will always be supportive to others in our situation. I constantly show people my before pictures. And I do that becuase if you don't know where I came from you won't truely understand why am I where I am now. People (mostly females) look at me and think I have been skinny all my life. Little do they know that under my clothes is a body full of stretchmarks and saggy skin.

Don't worry about the stalls just keep pushing. I'm a year and 4 months out and haven't lost anything in the past month. I have about 18 pounds to go and its very frustrating.. I have started to work out everydday for at least 30 minutes but whats going to happen when i get tired or can't find time to go to the gym. As long as your eating healthy and getting three to four days of 30 min exercise don't stress the small stuff.. The big number will come.

Danna S.
on 4/17/12 10:05 pm - Brazoria, TX
 I haven't had surgery yet, but I've read that stalls are necessary because your body is catching up or getting used to where you're at. It's like it's taking a quick breath before getting back to work. Hope that helps. It's gonna be a while before I can have surgery, but I'm trying to get ready.

And as far as change afterwards- you be who you are. Some people are just jerks and they were probably that way before surgery. Lol You be the supportive sweet person you are and don't worry about people like that. You don't need them in your life anyway!

Assilem7779
on 4/17/12 11:44 pm
VSG on 01/03/12
 I agree with both these ladies..but also feel that you made the decision to have this surgery...you shouldn't worry about what people say and think no more depressed you...you should have a positive outlook at all times because only a strong person could have made the decision to get her life back...one more thing you are gonna change it's inevitable your gonna see yourself and others in a whole new light...keep your head and be proud of what you have accomplished...good luck friend and if you have any questions just ask that's why we're on this site
   HW-257 PRE-OP-246 CW-223 GOAL-140                 
JAN-26lbs FEB-      MAR-     APR-     MAY-     JUN-     JULY-     AUG-     SEPT-     OCT-     NOV-     DEC-            
INgirl
on 4/17/12 11:58 pm
I'm sorry you ran into that type of person.. normies that haven't been through this.. yeah, I can forgive the ignorance (not an insult, just the right word..) but someone whose been there, and been in a place to make the WLS decision.. that's hard. Just work to make your experience good, forget about the judgmental (on both sides of that fence) and keep your past in your rear-view so you can lend some support to another if approached down the road when you are a success!
tamou37
on 4/18/12 8:07 pm - Toronto/Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Thank you. x
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views