My BMI is 50 what wls should i have....RNY OR SLEEVE,BAND

KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/18/12 2:42 pm - chicago, IL
 WHAT DO YOU THINK?
doggz109
on 5/18/12 2:49 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
You asked for my opinion....

I'd rather be fat than have a band put in me.

I'd rather be fat than have gotten an RNY.

So far the sleeve has been everything I thought it would be for ME.

I'm 17 weeks out....so take what I say through the noob prism.

That being said....

I know nothing about you except your BMI.  Make this decision between your doctor and you.  Do your research.

Finally....don't let anyone.....doctor, nutritionist, friend, relative....anyone tell you that you cannot reach goal weight with a sleeve from a high BMI.  There are several people here that can shoot that theory down in flames.
acbbrown
on 5/19/12 12:40 am - Granada Hills, CA
 AMEN. I would rather be obese than have a band or RNY. My only options (for me personally) was a VSG or DS. I went with a VSG because I knew  I was committed to making the changes that I needed to make (which....have to be made regardless of surgery type). 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kilaani
on 5/18/12 3:02 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 DS 

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

EliseG
on 5/18/12 3:33 pm - MA
Like dogzz said, it is an extremely personal decision. For me, I started with a BMI over 50 and chose the sleeve. I did not want the maintenance and high instance of complications that come with the band, nor did I want a mal absorptive procedure. Again, this is something you just have to decide for yourself.

Marabell
on 5/18/12 10:23 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
yeah....what doggz said.
except that I havent had surgery yet...however as doggz stated...there are several people with a BMI over 50 that have been successful!

Do your homework....read and read the boards here...tons of similiar questions answered here.....and research for surgeons that have great stats with the procedure you choose....this is NOT the time to rush into something or to let "best price" dictate your choice in doctors....

good luck

KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/18/12 11:05 pm - chicago, IL
 THANKS!!!! GREAT!!! REPLYS, SLEEVE ME PLEASE...NOW, IM ABOUT TO RESEACH ME AA DOCTOR...ANYONE FROM CHICAGO>OR KNW OF A HOSPITAL IN THE WINDY CITY
Marabell
on 5/18/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
Hes not in Chicago per se....but in Western Sub....check out Dr. Rosen/Lifeweigh Bariatrics....full program....top rated surgeons awarded Bariatric Center of Excellence

ronniesnana
on 5/19/12 1:48 am
yes dr. rosen through Good Samaritan Hospital. or Silver Cross Hospital. I have an appointment with dr brian lahmann on May 30th to discuss the sleeve.
ronniesnana
on 5/19/12 1:51 am
My friend also went to dr rosen for sleeve and loved him and his staff. and the hospital was great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views