looking older? my lover likes fat girls? skin,skin,and more skin

KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/20/12 4:07 am - chicago, IL
 how do you deal with it?
Krissykitty
on 5/20/12 4:31 am - Cookeville, TN
VSG on 03/15/12
My girlfriend likes big girls too and she keeps threatening to fatten me back up if I lose too much. On the other hand though I always felt loved and wanted at my heaviest weight and still do. We'll see how I(and she) feels after losing another 50 pounds! lol

I've got a hanging stomach anyway from being overweight so I just hope it goes down some from losing, I think I will be able to deal with the loose skin.
happiegirl
on 5/20/12 4:45 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
This bugs me...why don't people love the person?  I mean fat or skinny it's still me.  Don't you want someone that loves you for you?  I don't believe any person has the right to tell someone else what to do with their body.  You do what you need to for you.  About looking older it does happen it's just something that happens with age and yes weight does make you look younger sometimes.  You need three things Hydration, Retinol, and a sunscreen (don't need expensive stuff).  If you are having problems with skin you can have the surgery to remove it.  

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Ashley O.
on 5/20/12 5:04 am
I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

MONI0919
on 5/20/12 5:34 am - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
well Im single,  before my surgery i meet this handson guy online, his profile said  that he love bbw, well after  3 week of going  to walk to the park, eating sushi and drink wine, i told him i will be getting my sleeve, he asked" why, you are not that big," I told him because, i want to be healty, i want to get to meet my grandchildrem and I want to be able to shop with out feeling that nothin fitme, well, i have not see him since, but you know there are many apples on the tree, he call on mother day to say hi, and I say hi to him, I can't blame him, i told him , but Im happy with this, hope hi is happy too :P, if  a person don't love you  the way you are,  them that person don't love you  at all, 

Crabadams72
on 5/20/12 5:49 am - Silver Spring, MD
I lost weight and look younger.

I have skin but it isn't too bad. I have pics in my profile.

My husband likes "thick"as in shapely, not fat. Well I'm 129 and a size 2. I have curves but I'm not as shapely as before. He is proud of me and getting used to the smaller me.

Human sexuality is not as simple as take me as I am. Men are visual creatures and they like what they like. I have seen some men accept the loss while others do have a fat fetish and for those guys they will seek out a big woman no matter what.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

aliceinwonder
on 5/20/12 6:25 am - AZ
VSG on 05/28/12
I feel the same way. I am concerned that my hubby won't think I'm as sexy or won't love me anymore.  BUT then I realized, the VSG is for ME and not him. I don't want to be fat anymore and I am not comfortable in my own body. 

Many of the changes we will go through post-op won't be physical, but emotional. Talk with your partner and if needed, seek counseling on dealing with the changes that are coming.  It might be that he will not want to stay together, but most likely he will love you no matter what. You are not your weight. You are a person who happens to be overweight. They are not the same, don't let someone tell you that they are.

We love you no matter what. We are here to support and help you. Come back and talk to us often.

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 5/20/12 6:45 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
We are our worst critics thats for sure. I am still waiting for surgery date, but I freak out in regards to wondering if my hubby will think I'm sexy when I lose the weight. I definitely don't feel sexy now and yet he tells me everyday that I am the most beautiful woman and how lucky he is to have me!!! I look at myself in the mirror with disgust and worry I will always look at myself that way even after weight loss. My hubby tells me he loves me for me fat or skinny. I wish I could feel that way about myself but I don't. Hopefully I will have motivation as the weight comes off and I feel better.

One thing that bothers me is when significant others tell us not to lose weight. My ex husband did that to me telling me he was worried about the attention I would get from other men if I was skinnier! That always pissed me off! What about my health??? Always do what makes you happy for you and no one else!
Cindi A.
on 5/21/12 2:34 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12
 I know many men prefer large women and I know that the idea of losing our curves and losing these men can be scary. But here's the thing: you are sexy and beautiful because you are YOU, not because of a number on a scale. You'll still be you and you'll still be that sexy and beautiful person - just in a smaller dress size. 

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 67 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 320 views