I need tips Fashionistas please

happiegirl
on 5/22/12 10:49 pm - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Ok so,  how do you all handle your shrinking size?  My size is changes very very fast.  I'm a professional and where I work it's extremely business causal. Lol....it's NM so causal is the way we roll...lol men here consider dressing up jeans and a dress shirt.  Any way I really am clueless on how to avoid buying five new pairs of pants for every size change?  How do you do it?

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

tripmom02
on 5/22/12 10:54 pm - NJ
 Goodwill and thrift stores, this way I can buy five pairs of pants for the price of one new one and don't feel guilty about giving them away when you are done with them! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Crabadams72
on 5/22/12 10:55 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Dresses!
Wrap styles are flattering to most shapes.
Pants with stretch-black
I wore different blouses with colorful necklaces/earrings
Black stretch skirts
I went to goodwill, wal mart for cheap black pants and stores like tj max,Burlington coat factory,rainbow for tops.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

melly37
on 5/22/12 10:58 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
 Hi cutie!  My advice is to go to Goodwill and Savers.  If wearing skirts is an option, they seem to last longer, they don't look too baggy when you have shrunk some more.  Buying new clothes is the fun part, but when you are losing rapidly, it could be an expensive endevour!  Ha ha.  I have always lost weight slowly, so, I can't feel your pain.  

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

momsy55
on 5/22/12 11:01 pm - ME
I do lots of laundry!  LOL  I am at 9 months, so weight loss has slowed a little and clothes are lasting a bit longer.  I also work in an environment where we can be fairly casual as well.  I look for sales and go to thrift/consignment shops.  When I find bargains, I buy some things in the next size down, as well, so when I get there, I don't have to pay top price.  I've bought jeans @ Wally World that are >$20.   I also try to make things last as long as possible, wearing pants and tops until I look like droopy drawers, though in the early days after surgery, that point came more quickly.  Some styles of clothes also are meant to be looser than others, so finding those types of clothes, that are a bit smaller to begin with, but still loo****an make items last longer.  It is kind of a pain, but one that I'm perfectly happy to have!!  Good luck!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

SassyItalian
on 5/22/12 11:36 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I love upscale consignment shops. You have to dig alot less to find nice things than at Goodwill, though Goodwill is another good option as well.

I LOVE thrift clothes. You pay a small fraction of what they originally cost, no one knows the difference, and you can smirk every time you get a compliment on your second hand duds.

Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx/Burlington Coat Factory. Another favorite. You can find some good deals there, again if you dig.

Casual dresses are a good option, also as mentioned. You can wear them through a few different sizes.

Lastly, a tip from stylists are to have a few base pieces, a black trouser, white blouse, etc. Then you can switch up the way the outfit looks with accessories and things.

So you may not need 10 pairs of new pants, just one or 2 if you are able to work them differently.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 2:29 am
You are a woman after my own heart!  I too love upscale consignment stores, but will gladly go to goodwill in a great area.  I have found amazing clothes in all different sizes there and nobody would ever believe that I shop there.  It is almost a little bit of an addiction at this point.  I bet if we went shopping together, we could do some serious damage.
howarli
on 5/22/12 11:39 pm - MD
I just went to the Goodwill a couple of days ago.........1 skirt 1 dress pants (jones of new york), 1 pair jeans(lees) and 4 tops all that for under $30 bucks.  This morning I put on the skirt and top to go to work and my husband said " that looks nice".  So it works for me!!  If you cannot wrap you head around going to the goodwill (some people just can't) try Walmart for business casual their prices are not too expensive.  A few months ago a got a short black leather skirt (Wilson Leather) for $4.98 it is a size 12.....little too tight now, hopefully this fall it will fit.

Good luck shopping!!!!

RobynNOLA
on 5/23/12 12:02 am - New Orleans, LA
I swim in some of the things I wear.
Also, lots and lots of goodwill.

happiegirl
on 5/23/12 1:28 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Thanks all!!! I really appreciate the help! Lots of great tips :)

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views