Cereal

Susi1021
on 6/25/12 5:56 am - MD
Can you guys help me out with some of the best cereal I can eat for breakfast 8 months out..

thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whTnbQO/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whTnbQO/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

acbbrown
on 6/25/12 6:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
I can't say i'd ever recommend eating cereal for a meal - especially breakfast.  Even cereal advertised with "protein" is so minimal that it's not worth it and the carb/sugar counts are off the chart. And it's not going to keep you full.

I recommend dense protein as a base for your breakfast - eggs, egg whites, meats, etc.

If you really want cereal though - i cant remember the name of the brand/company, but I had received some samples of some cherrio things at an OH conference and it had maybe 12g of protein in it or something. Maybe someone knows what it is, but I still wouldnt recommend it.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Susi1021
on 6/25/12 6:25 am - MD
Thank you so much :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whTnbQO/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whTnbQO/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Carmelita
on 6/25/12 6:27 am - Four Corners, NM
 since we NEED HI FIBER...I highly rec: All Bran, Fiber One  or Kashi GoLean Protein/Fiber! 

Stay away from Raisin Bran  lmao!! its the devil!!  one of my triggers. especially during my NES (night eating syndrome) phase
rhearob
on 6/25/12 6:51 am - TN
 Take a look at a box of Total.  

The serving size is 3/4 cup or about 30g.  It has 100 calories.  It has 3g of protein and 23g of carbs.

Thats DRY.  Unless you are going to eat it with water, The numbers only go up.  Unfortunately the calories go up more than anything else.

HOnestly skip cereal, oatmeal, any of the grainy stuff while you are losing.  Look for lean dense protein sources.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

laurahuff65
on 6/25/12 7:48 am
 I was told by my nutrisionist (?) to eat 'Fiber One' cereal which I do once or twice a week only, about 1 cup, fills me up great!

Anne D.
on 6/25/12 7:53 am
I wouldn't eat cereal at all. There are many far more nutritious things, lower in carbs. If you need fiber eat a vegetable, after your protein. Eating so much fiber is bs too.

ruggie
on 6/25/12 8:27 am - Sacramento, CA
 Wouldn't eat cereal at all. Low protein and high carb. Pass. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

jessicae
on 6/25/12 9:28 am
 cereal was definitely one of my trigger food pre op.  i could eat a whole box and still want more.  i haven't had any since september 7th!  because of the no eating/drinking at the same time i just thought it was easier (and better) to stay away.  

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

bluemems
on 6/25/12 11:00 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
I have cereal every once in a while - recommended by my nutritionist - Barbara's puffin cinnamon.  I told her I had eaten a serving of fiber one (the one that looks like hampster food) - she said "please do not tell me you ate one serving in one meal - that is too much fiber at once.  I use 1/2 the serving of that one now and put it in my greek yogurt - mostly because I was onlly getting in about 3-7 g of fiber a day - way too low.  But those are the only two I ever use. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views