xpost-Goal Weight -long...sorry

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:22 pm
Thanks so much!

kimbethin
on 7/9/12 9:24 am - CA
I think you are making a good choice.  You've really thought it through and "done the research"  I love that you are doing what is right for you and not forcing yourself to live by that number.  What is right for us in our 20's isn't often so good now.  We change and everything about us changes so to hold ourselves to that same set of numbers can be bad for us emotionally and physically.  If I had married the guy who seemed so perfect when I was 22- God help me!  My standards are  higher in many ways now.  I love the idea of a more liquid goal.  Rigidity never worked so well for me.  I say congrats to you and in the words of  Dr Suess "Oh the places you'll go"  Especially with the new body and energy you've worked so hard for!  Enjoy your new life!
Kim
putting one foot in front of the other...        
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:28 pm
Kim, So good to hear from you! Hope you're doing great!

This was a hard one, but you're right, I am choosing to do what's right for me at this point in my life. And you're right, too, that a "liquid", flexible goal is pretty awesome. I may adjust as time goes on, but I'm talking no more than 5 pounds - totally doable now. It's kind of amazing to feel in control of the weight for the first time that I can ever really remember.
kimbethin
on 7/10/12 7:16 am - CA
  LIKE!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 9:55 am
You already know I think you are terrific and that you are a fantastic example of success.  I love your post and think you have this process down.  I am going to give you a huge hug when we see each other in a few weeks.  Take care friend.
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:29 pm
Better wear something padded, because I'm going to give you a big bear hug!

frisco
on 7/9/12 2:11 pm

Kairk..........

You were in the range a while ago......

In all honesty..... I thought you were done at the NorCal.....

Get that failure crap outta your head !!!!!

170-175 would be a great range for you......that's including a cushion to 180 as a long long term eventual weight.

Your a total "Winner" in my book !!!!

And a great example for others !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:35 pm
Frisco, thank you so much. That means so much to me. You have been so supportive and kind to me since I've been here! Thanks for the advice and encouragement along the way!
You have been a big part of my success!
rhearob
on 7/9/12 2:43 pm - TN
 You have done AWESOME.  You are NOT a failure in anyone's book.  You are a star!  I know exactly what you are going through.  I amstruggling with the last here pounds to my arbitrary goal.  I try to remind myself that I lost 150 lbs, am in a size medium, and can do anything, and have my life back.

Three pounds, 4 pounds next to hat...Nothing!

Get that failure thought outta your head!  Celebrate the new you and your wonderful life instead!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:44 pm
Hey Rob,
You are one of my heros here! Sort of cool, we're pretty much in the same place. Nice to have such esteemed company! 
I'm feeling so much more at peace with my decision today and focusing much more on the 96 pounds I've lost rather than the 4 I won't be! Geez, you'd think that would be easy, huh?

Have you bought your Armani jeans yet? My Lucky Brand had to be ordered - they didn't have a small enough size in stock! HAAAA! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views